Windows 10: Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

Discus and support Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pol1uX, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Pol1uX Win User

Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there.

:)

Pol1uX, Apr 3, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 3, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

1. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel. - Similar Threads - Can't open Uninstall

2. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  3. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  4. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  5. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  6. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot open unistall a program in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open unistall a program in control panel: Dont need to uninstall a program but seems now I cannot even open uninstall a program? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-unistall-a-program-in-control-panel/087844c1-ddb6-455e-80ac-2f39d136415e
  8. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  9. "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Control Panel > Uninstall A Program" Extreeeeeeemely Slow On Fresh: Here's a video example. Troubleshooting Help: What is your parts list? PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $471.99 @ Amazon CPU Cooler Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $179.99 @ Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte...
  10. Can't open folders and control panel.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open folders and control panel.: I can't open folders, or right click them... when i try to do it the screen goes blank for a few seconds then all my icons refresh and nothing else happens. I tried to change the size of my "text, apps and other items" to 125% and 100% ( i had 100% when this started to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control panel uninstall program not opening

2. cant open uninstall program

3. control panbel uninstall will not open

4. cant uninstall program in control panel,
  5. cant open uninstall,
  6. control panel uninstall a program not opening