Windows 10: Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start"

Discus and support Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/guccifyyyy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/guccifyyyy, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start"

/u/guccifyyyy, Nov 8, 2020

2. Issues with using Add-AppxProvisionedPackage to provision UWP app

I am currently trying to manage installation a line of business UWP application on a series of client machines. I need to make sure that the application is installed for any user that signs into windows on a particular machine. To do this I am copying the APPX file of the UWP app to a provisioning directory, and using this command to provision the application:

Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath C:\myapp-provision -SkipLicense.

The application installs fine for users some/most of the time. However, I am running into a couple of issues fairly consistatnly.

1. Sometimes, after provisioning a new version of the application, when a new user signs into windows, they still see the previous version of the application installed.
    2. Sometimes, after provisioning the application for the first time, when a new user signs into windows and searches for the app in the start menu, they get no results.

Both of these issues can be resolved by going to Apps & Features, searching for the application in list, selecting Advanced Options on the app, and then selecting reset.

This is an ok fix for the short term, but long term, I cant rely on users to always be aware that they may need to reset the app before using it.

Is there a better way I can go about getting this application installed for all users? Are there additional steps I am missing?

Caleb Powell, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Chrome/ App didn`t start

Hi!

I've got this message today while I was trying to use Chrome and a Safe Pay (via an antivirus) application: "The procedure entry point IpRenewAddress could not be located in the dynamic..." (for each application). I`ve reinstalled Chrome several times, (deleting
    also the related data in Program Files) bur didn`t work. Can you give me a hand with this please? Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start" :)

*Windows 10 has been updated 2 days ago but yesterday the apps worked properly.

Many thanks!

Radu

Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start" 979b239e-a7e7-40d0-b544-d0d722ab3687?upload=true.jpg

RaduBalauca, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start"

Chrome/ App didn`t start

Hi,

Thanks for your help but... it didn`t work, I get the same error...

I would like to try some more solutions before reinstalling the Windows, so if you can assist me a little bite more... Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start" :)... it would be highly appreciated.

Radu

RaduBalauca, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start"

1. Can't open UWP apps. "The application has not been provisioned" or "The app didn't start" - Similar Threads - Can't open UWP

2. The application has no been provisioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application has no been provisioned: When ever I try to open any application i get the error message "The Application has not been provisioned". I can't really find any solutions to this that actually work....
  3. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This application has not been provisioned: I have a problem on my windows, before this my windows had blue screen with error code : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime i connect to a Wifi. Then i tried to do recovery point when this popup suddenly came up. Now my laptop also cant open searchbar, clicking windows icon...
  4. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This application has not been provisioned: I have a problem on my windows, before this my windows had blue screen with error code : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR everytime i connect to a Wifi. Then i tried to do recovery point when this popup suddenly came up. Now my laptop also cant open searchbar, clicking windows icon...
  5. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The application has not been provisioned

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The application has not been provisioned: Hi,I recently started getting this error across several applications.I get it when trying to run EarTrumpet.I get it when trying to install WinGet Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.I accidentally allowed my organization to manage my device just before...
  7. The application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application has not been provisioned: Hi,I recently started getting this error across several applications.I get it when trying to run EarTrumpet.I get it when trying to install WinGet Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle.I accidentally allowed my organization to manage my device just before...
  8. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This application has not been provisioned: Windows 10 64 Bit. - Within the last day or so I have been unable to view images stored on my hard drive. It consistently says 'this app has not been provisioned'. It has worked fine until now, and I haven't made any changes to the computer I know. Any ideas? Thank you...
  9. This application has not been provisioned

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This application has not been provisioned: Windows 10 64 Bit. - Within the last day or so I have been unable to view images stored on my hard drive. It consistently says 'this app has not been provisioned'. It has worked fine until now, and I haven't made any changes to the computer I know. Any ideas? Thank you...
  10. “the application has not been provisioned”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “the application has not been provisioned”: hello guys. pls can anyone give me a hand? what does this mean? i cant open my apps. cant open settings nor windows search bar. “the application has not been provisioned” what is that and how do i fix it? submitted by /u/imfromkrypton [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the application has not been provisioned

2. the application has not been provisioned jpg