Windows 10: Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

Discus and support Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sebastian Malburg, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

Hi there,

I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware Workstation Pro couldn't be run under windows and that I should look for updates. After a bit of research if found out that this allegedly is because of a new windows-update, but I couldn't find any solutions.

So...does anyone know what this is all about and what I'm supposed to do?

Yours truly,

Sebastian

:)

Sebastian Malburg, Oct 9, 2019
  2. ericgies Win User

Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15

Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15 [​IMG]

Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15 [​IMG]

Hi.

I am having an issue installing Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware Workstation Player 15. Attached are screen shots of the errors I get. My operating system is Windows 7 Pro. I've tried several ways of doing so, the final being 8135-install-windows-10-virtual-machine-vmware-player I am at a loss as what to try next. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric Gies

ericgies, Oct 9, 2019
  3. i4get42 Win User
    KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

I'm having the same problem.

Just in case there is something we have in common:

I am running VMware Workstation 14 player

My CPU is an AMD 3700

I've confirmed that hyper-v is disabled

virtualization is still showing as enabled.

Oracle VM VirtualBox still works.

I need VMware Workstation 14 because 15 does not work with GNS3 yet.

i4get42, Oct 9, 2019
  4. DanV64 Win User

Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

Update 1903 refuses to install, reason VMWare Workstation Pro 10

Hi Igor,

I was maybe not clear: the 1903 update cannot be done.

At "Status: installing -25%" I get a message that VMWare Workstation Pro is outdated.

If I try to continue the Windows update, it always stops on the VMWare message. It shows 2 main links. One of the links leads to the site of VMWare and invites to download VMWare Player 14 (which does not support Windows 2000). The other one tells me that
    the concerned "app" has to be updated or uninstalled.

My aim: continue de Windows Pro update 1903 without updating or uninstalling VMWare Workstation Pro 10.

Kind regards

Dan

DanV64, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

1. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15 - Similar Threads - Can't open VMware

2. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  3. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player: I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?...
  5. Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message suddenly in my Windows 10. Please advise as to how to make it work. - Roshan 142035
  6. "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message: Symptoms: After installing new Cumulative Update, VMware Workstation software cannot start. Moreover, the following message is displayed: VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows Check for an updated version of this app that runs on Windows. Compatibility Assistant Check...
  7. VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.: I have installed VMware Workstation 15.0.2 on a Windows 10 Enterprise 18348.19h1 host and am encountering a weird issue. When I start a VM, it doesn't boot but gets stuck on a black window. If I try to force reset it or anything like that, the UI for power controls is...
  8. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  9. Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15

Problems Installing Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15: [img] [img] Hi. I am having an issue installing Windows 10 Pro x64 in VMware Workstation Player 15. Attached are screen shots of the errors I get. My operating system is Windows 7 Pro. I've tried several ways of doing so, the final being...
  10. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...