Windows 10: Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar

Discus and support Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this has been an issue for over a year, since I built my PC. After I start it, if I want to click the volume icon in the bottom right corner, far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/munchiesnOOb, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar

So this has been an issue for over a year, since I built my PC. After I start it, if I want to click the volume icon in the bottom right corner, far right side of the taskbar, to change my audio output to my headphones or to adjust volume, nothing happens. The calendar works, all the other little widgets work just fine down there. But the volume setting does nothing. In order to fix it, I have to open a file explorer window, open task manager, and restart Windows Explorer in the task manager. Sometimes I'll have to do this another 2 or 3 times over the course of a day with the volume setting suddenly not working again randomly. Once I restart Windows Explorer, clicking the volume icon makes a little settings window slide up from the taskbar that I can change my volume levels and select output device through.

How do I fix this? I can provide further specs if needed, other than being on 10 64 bit with an AMD+MSI build. OS build 19041.804.

submitted by /u/munchiesnOOb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/munchiesnOOb, Mar 10, 2021

2. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar

Volume icon wont open

Hi,

Corrupted system files and Windows update components may trigger issues in opening the
    volume icon on your taskbar. For us to rectify your issue, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Choose Taskbar.
    • Under the Notification area, click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • Toggle off the Volume option.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Perform steps 1-5, then toggle on the Volume option.

Verify if you will be able to launch the volume icon on your taskbar after performing the procedures above. This will refresh the default settings enabled on your taskbar.

Do not hesitate to reply if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar

1. Can't open volume setting next to clock on taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't open volume

2. Taskbar Clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock: When I click on the taskbar clock, it shows notifications and calendar. Is there any way to customize this so that when I click it, long time shows up with the notifications and calendar hh:mm:ss. It used to have the feature but then it updated and went away. Thanks!...
  3. Can't open volume setting next to clock without first restarting Windows Explorer in TM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open volume setting next to clock without first restarting Windows Explorer in TM: So this has been an issue for over a year, since I built my PC. After I start it, if I want to click the volume icon in the bottom right corner, far right side of the taskbar, to change my audio output to my headphones or to adjust volume, nothing happens. The calendar works,...
  4. Taskbar clock settings reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar clock settings reset: This morning, the clock on my taskbar shows only 2:27 PM - I had it set up to display the full time, date and day of week - Mon 10/12/2020 on one line, and 2:27 PM on another. How do I get this back? I think it must have been a Windows Update that caused this problem,...
  5. Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network &...

Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network &...: Hi. I'm using windows 10. Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network & internet settings not opening from the taskbar as well Instead of opening a command window popups for a blink of time and disappears. In that command window...
  6. Clock on Taskbar

Clock on Taskbar: Since the update that took me from 1903 to 1909, the separator between the hours and minutes on my taskbar clock appears as a tiny blank square instead of a colon. I can't seem to change it, no matter what I do in settings. I can change the formats on the time and date to...
  7. Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display

Problem with clock in taskbar and volume display: Recently the clock on the taskbar is showing a rectangle instead of ":" also when I click fn+f10 I get a rectangle also but if I click fn+f11 or fn+f12 it shows a number like it is suppose to. I attached images to show problem. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Taskbar Clock Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Clock Setting: Does anyone know why my clock shows thus: Instead of a colon I have these boxes. I have tried settings but to no avail. 141459
  9. Taskbar volume setting

Taskbar volume setting: How do I get my volume adjustment back on my taskbar. It will not allowme to adjust the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-setting/a6077377-4d6c-4478-b64f-ff4843330b6e
  10. taskbar clock

taskbar clock: how to enlarge the taskbar clock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/taskbar-clock/b2e8347c-c1da-4307-8cd0-a9587716cbb0