Windows 10: Can't open win 10 mail app

Discus and support Can't open win 10 mail app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The mail app is installed but it says it can't be opened.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RussellLopez, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Can't open win 10 mail app

The mail app is installed but it says it can't be opened.

:)

RussellLopez, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open win 10 mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 19, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Can't open win 10 mail app

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Can't open win 10 mail app

1. Can't open win 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Can't open mail

2. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  3. Win 10 Mail App Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail App Question: Some might say, arguably, this is a Juno problem. But as I have the Windows 10 Mail app on several devices, desktop and laptop I'll start here until chased off. I have Juno mail on the Win 10 Mail app on one device and it works. I've now tried to add Juno to the Win 10 laptop...
  4. Win 10 Mail and Calendar app

Win 10 Mail and Calendar app: 2 problems relating to Yahoo mail account in "Mail and Calendar" app:1. Some emails appear in a format that is larger than the given viewable area and cannot be viewed in their entirety. Is there a way to reconfigure these emails to fit the available space?2. Some emails...
  5. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  6. Win 10 Mail app

Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  7. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Mail app: I have created folders in the More folders tab. Ex: Bank folder, then when I get mail in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account from my bank that I have processed I can use theMove command to move it to More, Bank folder ans archive it there. I have been...
  8. Win 10 Mail App folders

Win 10 Mail App folders: I've asked a lot of times the following question but no one at MS will answer, so I'm making a new post to see if this can make them respond: I set up whatever the app is called that comes with Win10 to handle mail no - it's not Outlook, its the Mail app that comes w/Win10...
  9. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...
  10. Can't Open my Mail App in Windows 10

Can't Open my Mail App in Windows 10: i've just upgraded my mail app, but after the installation was finished, i can't open it, there are just showed up an notification that i need to reinstal my mail app, but after i followed the instruction, i still can't open it, and it just repeated more and more, how can i...