Windows 10: can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on

Discus and support can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 with Windows 10 home 20H2 in it. I downloaded an driver update of firmware and when it was showing "getting windows ready... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SahilNeekhra, Jan 2, 2021.

1. can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on

I have LENOVO IDEAPAD 320 with Windows 10 home 20H2 in it.

I downloaded an driver update of firmware and when it was showing "getting windows ready don't turn off your pc" my laptop's battery ran off and it shutdown.

Now, when i start my laptop it shows "preparing automatic repair" then a thing like command prompt appears for just 1-2 milisec and then diagnosing starts.

After that this thing appears:

can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on [​IMG]

When i click advanced options :

can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on [​IMG]

Then troubleshoot

then "Advanced options"

then command prompt

I already tried startup repair and also tried to open it in safe mode , Nothing worked.

Please help.

:)

SahilNeekhra, Jan 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 2, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Jan 2, 2021
  4. can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on

preparing automatic repair

Hi Sanjay,

Preparing automatic repair appears when something goes wrong with your PC and the system attempts to resolve it by itself. Upon checking the Community, we have found a related thread which includes a suggestion that can resolve your issue.
    You can refer to this
    link
    and check out the response of Sudharshan M K, one of our forum moderators. From there, you can follow the steps to
    perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

Get back to us should you need additional assistance.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on

1. can't open windows 10 preparing automatic repair again and again when restart or turn on - Similar Threads - can't open preparing

2. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  3. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  4. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  5. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic restart again and again: hello i am using windows 10 for a long time then i decided to install kali linux while installing i choosed the non graphical installation method and i was unsuccessful to install and later i installed windows 10 again. After this my laptop automatically restart in every 2-5...
  6. automatic restart again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Preparing automatic repair - clear some space and try again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing automatic repair - clear some space and try again: Hi, I’m Anthony.It all starts with "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart". After "preparing automatic repair".I then try to click on "Troubleshoot" > Reser this Pc > Keep my files > click in my user > password > Enter.At the end comes the writing "additional free...
  8. Restarting after the automatic repair again and again

Restarting after the automatic repair again and again: I have a wizbook laptop and it is redfox, my problem is it keeps restarting after scanning windows defender offline. After the scan it does not show the advance option and will restart again. The stop code was inaccessible boot device. Please help me regards on this issue....
  9. Automatic repair repeats itself again and again?

Automatic repair repeats itself again and again?: Hello, i have a problem with my pc when i start it the process (which i will describe in a moment) repeats itself a few times and then the screen is black. First comes the (that always comes when you start the pc. [ATTACH] Then comes the [ATTACH]...
  10. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...