Windows 10: Can't open Windows Apps

Discus and support Can't open Windows Apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having an issue for weeks where I am unable to open several Windows Apps. I haven't tested every app but I am unable to open:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 0veinE, Dec 26, 2019.

1. 0veinE Win User

Can't open Windows Apps

Hello. I have been having an issue for weeks where I am unable to open several Windows Apps. I haven't tested every app but I am unable to open:

Microsoft Store

Photos

Alarms & Clock

Calculator

Weather

I posted a question here on the Community a few weeks when I thought the problem was only with the Microsoft Store. This can be found here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-store/02c1d405-e4d8-4732-b5f9-0ab825b1aba0

Thanks in advance.

:)

0veinE, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open Windows Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Can't open Windows Apps

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Windows Apps

1. Can't open Windows Apps - Similar Threads - Can't open Apps

2. "this app can't open"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "this app can't open": After trying all solution available on internet. It still showing "Check the Store for more info about Photos."things I have tried :1. reset app2. Repair app3. remove Microsoft.windows.photos package through powershell4. Reinstall appAdditional info:OS : window 11...
  3. this app can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app can't open: ok so in april 2023 microsoft did its usual update and like always 2nd laptop it screwed things up where i no longer had control of microsoft stuff. couldn't get into setting or anything. i was still able to get onto the internet and do my stuff. so for the past couple of...
  4. This App Can't Open

This App Can't Open: Hi everyone,About 2 days ago I updated Windows 10 Home 21H1 like normal. Following the update, every single application I try and open shortcut, web shortcut, .exe creates an error message even though the application opens perfectly fine. Not a single of these apps are...
  5. Windows App can't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows App can't open: I have recently received an update, so I updated it, knowing that nothing will happen as I didn't experience anything previously. After restarting, some apps turned gray and have underlined. They can't be open, so can anyone tell me what the problem is....
  6. Windows App can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows App can't open: I have recently received an update, so I updated it, knowing that nothing will happen as I didn't experience anything previously. After restarting, some apps turned gray and have underlined. They can't be open, so can anyone tell me what the problem is....
  7. Windows App can't open

8. this app can't open

this app can't open: Hi this alert keeps showing up when I open adobe xd: "There is a problem with Adobe XD. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator." I tried uninstalling it with: # AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool # CCleaner # Iobit Uninstaller #...
  9. This app can't open

This app can't open: Three days ago a number of apps including mail and Microsoft Solitaire have grayed out icons on the start menu with circle and an explanation point. When I click on the circle I get the message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more info about …. I have...
  10. "This app can't open" for Windows apps

"This app can't open" for Windows apps: Not sure when this started, as I don't use Windows Apps very often, but currently I cannot access Windows Store or Windows apps except, apparently Edge and Calendar. On my start menu, other apps' tiles and the Store tile are greyed out with an exclamation point: [img]...