Windows 10: Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security

Discus and support Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Issue When I check Windows Security everything is green. But if I click on any of the options I get a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZoeDell5285, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security

Issue

When I check Windows Security everything is green. But if I click on any of the options I get a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" and my only option is to "Look for an App in the Microsoft Store"

So, if I click ok it takes me to the store but it says there are no results. If I look in the search bar and add a space between I see it come up but when I click on it I get the pop up again (endless loop).

Background

Windows 10, up to Date.

I bought a refurbished computer Dell 5285 (not from dell) and it is behaving quite oddly. My issue is full charge battery will be 60% drained overnight and computer will be hot when asleep, battery works very well when awake and using it intensely.

I replaced one of the same model so I know this is out of norm behavior. I set it up in the exact same way (only 3 programs installed). I want to check for malware. It looks like the processes draining my battery are Chrome and "Windows host process (Rundll32)"

I would like to use Windows Security

• Real-time protection to On
    • Run a new advanced scan
    • Turning on a Firewall

:)

ZoeDell5285, Feb 3, 2019

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security

Jsssssssss, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security

1. Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security - Similar Threads - Can't Open Defender

2. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...
  3. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender can't find & windows security can't open: recently i got a virus > .vbs and i was deleted it using autorun in this link. still i can't see t defender. how to turn on defender.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-operation-did-not-complete-successfully/3e75b9d4-c418-4b6a-a952-72a48881bfa9also i...
  4. windows defender can't find & windows security can't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't open windows defender/ microsoft security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open windows defender/ microsoft security: i was trying to open windows security but it just didnt work so i deleted its cache and it still didnt work so i reset it then i reinstalled it with powershell but it still doesnt wanna open and now it shows me this , im on windows 11 on Huawei MateBook D 15 D...
  6. Can't open windows defender/ microsoft security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open windows defender/ microsoft security: i was trying to open windows security but it just didnt work so i deleted its cache and it still didnt work so i reset it then i reinstalled it with powershell but it still doesnt wanna open and now it shows me this , im on windows 11 on Huawei MateBook D 15 D...
  7. I Can't See Windows 10 Defender Antivirus in the Windows Security Settings.

I Can't See Windows 10 Defender Antivirus in the Windows Security Settings.: I recently uninstalled McAfee AV software from an Asus gaming PC and I wanted to use the built-in Windows 10 Defender AV utilities. The problem was that I could not see the AV user interface under Settings > Windows Security. The UI was visible and accessible on my other...
  8. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus: I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I...
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Hi, I have these messages in windows update history: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 Version 1.313.2340.0 Failed to install on 4/25/2020 - 0x8024000b KB2267602 Version 1.313.2261.0 Failed to install on 4/24/2020 - 0x8024000b...
  10. I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus

I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus: it is grayed out , i can't change any ... who can help me ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-my-windows-security-windows/03c7b866-3f95-4020-8a70-c9d5c97836b4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open windows defender

2. open windows defender antivirus

3. windows defender anti virus is off how can open

4. cannot open windows defender security center,
  5. windows defender wont open,
  6. cannot open windows security center,
  7. cant open windows defender app,
  8. windows defender security center crashes,
  9. cant open windows security,
  10. cant open windows defender because of malware,
  11. cant open any antivirus programs or windows defender