Windows 10: Can't Open Windows Defender

Discus and support Can't Open Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home,I can't open windows defender as it doesn't show in update and security,I have read numerous things online,but nobody ever... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FranCam13, Sep 20, 2019.

1. FranCam13 Win User

Can't Open Windows Defender

I have windows 10 home,I can't open windows defender as it doesn't show in update and security,I have read numerous

things online,but nobody ever answers thi problem.

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

FranCam13, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 20, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Open Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Can't Open Defender

2. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  3. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  4. Windows Defender Can't Open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Can't Open: I am from Indonesia. If I open My Defender, then It's show that : You need a new app to open this windows defender link'I use Windows 11 pro. Please someone help me, Thank You...
  5. Can't open windows defender's settings

Can't open windows defender's settings: Hello! My PC is protected, when I keep a coded file into the system it removes it and says that the file contains a virus or threat but when I tried to get this file into excluded folder/file, I can't open settings of windows security, no "virus and thread protection...
  6. Can't open Windows Defender

Can't open Windows Defender: Hello I have this issue for decades now. Back to the past, I downloaded some sketchy files and it contained a virus. I managed to delete that virus, but it has disabled the Windows Defender. I tried to enable the Defender, but nothing happened. Although I still have update...
  7. Can't open Windows Defender

Can't open Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same question. After checking the system with an external Anti-virus program and deleting all defects I restarted and it appears that Defender is installed but not active. The Windows Security asks me to restart Virus and Threat...
  8. Can't Open Windows Defender

Can't Open Windows Defender: I ran into the first problem with my image I stripped down with MSMG, I can't get windows defender to launch but it's running as a service because it quarantined a file I was about to use. I just can open the app to release the file from quarantine. While in Windows...
  9. Can't Open Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Open Windows Defender: I ran into the first problem with my image I stripped down with MSMG, I can't get windows defender to launch but it's running as a service because it quarantined a file I was about to use. I just can open the app to release the file from quarantine. While in Windows...
  10. Windows Defender is working, but can't be opened.

Windows Defender is working, but can't be opened.: Greetings, In the 'Windows Security' tab, all of the services (I.e. 'Virus & Threat Protection', 'Device performance & health', etcI click on will produce the following result: - No reaction, no new window opens or changes. - The cursor looks like its loading something....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open windows defender windows 10

2. where do i get a new app to open windows defender why is it telling me this