Windows 10: Can't Open Windows From Tray

Discus and support Can't Open Windows From Tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and have been getting updates as part of the insider program. On the 14th I found I could not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roadmazzter, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Can't Open Windows From Tray

I have been using Windows 10 for some time now and have been getting updates as part of the insider program. On the 14th I found I could not open windows functions and others have been removed. I can not open my windows button with a left click and now have to use the right one. Edge will only show a blue screen quickly before it goes away. Firefox is still working fine. The action center will not open at all. I tried to restore the system and found all the restore dates have been removed and trouble shooting have proven futile. Help!

:)

roadmazzter, Aug 15, 2016
  2. KlPPYKlP Win User

Start menu doesn't show anymore, and volume/notifications/WiFi tray icons don't work in Windows 10

Suddenly, the Windows 10 taskbar does nothing. I can open normal programs from the tray, but I can't open the default Windows tray icons or the entire start menu. The search button doesn't work either.

I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and restarting the computer but nothing happens

Is there a fix for this?

KlPPYKlP, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Edge & Cortana problem

The edge (explorer)icon is in tray but doesn't open and Cortana can't work with it.

bobhorowitz, Aug 15, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Can't Open Windows From Tray

Hi roadmazzter and welcome to Tenforums.
    Does your search function still work in the Taskbar? If so, type update and select Check for Updates or Recovery Options. If not, right-click the start button, and select search. That will get you to the dialogue box where you can select Windows Insider Program. Then select to opt out of Insider Builds. This will return your system to the latest general release (v1607, 14393.51). Hopefully that will solve your problems.

simrick, Aug 16, 2016
  5. I did not have the prompts you mentioned so it did not work for me. I got some help from windows today and now I am back working for the most part. Still a few bugs but I think I will be able to work them out my self. I would like to thank you for the assistance. I really appreciate it. Thanks again!

roadmazzter, Aug 17, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Okay, glad you're up and running.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Open Windows From Tray

1. Can't Open Windows From Tray - Similar Threads - Can't Open Tray

2. Alternative ways to open an application from system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative ways to open an application from system tray: I am trying to configure Windows 10 for a client and they are using ScreenConnect for remote access for support purposes. The problem is Windows 10 is in KIOSK mode multi-application provided by the Client, the KIOSK mode hides the taskbar and system tray as well. Now, the...
  3. Alternative ways to open an application from system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative ways to open an application from system tray: I am trying to configure Windows 10 for a client and they are using ScreenConnect for remote access for support purposes. The problem is Windows 10 is in KIOSK mode multi-application provided by the Client, the KIOSK mode hides the taskbar and system tray as well. Now, the...
  4. Alternative ways to open an application from system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't open tray icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open tray icons: Hi, I just got this problem about a day ago, and I don't have any ideas anymore on how to fix this. So the issue is that I can't open any of the tray icons that are like built into windows like the notification centre, the Wi-Fi, sound, calendar and battery icons all also...
  6. Can't open tray icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open tray icons: Hi, I just got this problem about a day ago, and I don't have any ideas anymore on how to fix this. So the issue is that I can't open any of the tray icons that are like built into windows like the notification centre, the Wi-Fi, sound, calendar and battery icons all also...
  7. Can't open tray icons

8. Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?

Moving open applications from foreground to background or tray?: There are some applications I like to leave open but that I do not need in my taskbar. They sometimes need occasional interaction, messenger most of all. picturedIs there a way or a mod to force these applications in general to run in background, perhaps minimized to the...
  9. Minimizing an open window from task tray

Minimizing an open window from task tray: in earlier versions of windows, when you click an icon of an open program in the task bar it would minimize it. Won't work in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizing-an-open-window-from-task-tray/48e66708-d56c-45cc-927d-4d9960ded775
  10. cd tray not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd tray not opening: I cant get my cd tray to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-tray-not-opening/20eb9a3f-c6d3-461e-9e76-1ebc21a94dca