Windows 10: Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps.

Discus and support Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Simply put my PC is running ok. However I cannot open the windows menu, settings or use search. Which means I cant get to windows update or the control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mtshil, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Mtshil Win User

Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps.

Simply put my PC is running ok. However I cannot open the windows menu, settings or use search. Which means I cant get to windows update or the control panel. I have tried to.use the short cut on the keyboard the cmd commands or the shortcuts on windows website when looking for answers. To correct this problem I have done the powershell scans and they have returned no errors. I would like to avoid a fresh install of windows as I can use and access all non windows related content.

This all occurred after I installed a windows update recently. I'm running windows 10 x64. 16gb ram. Hdd 1tb.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Mtshil, Apr 14, 2020
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps.

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps.

1. Cant open Windows menu, search, settings and windows apps. - Similar Threads - Cant open menu

2. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  3. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  4. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  5. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  6. Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening: settings app showing error : classs not registered pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-windows-menu-not-opening-settings-app-not/a335be96-16b5-422a-aad6-242bf5111e91
  7. Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rageanoid2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxb5oe/cant_open_apps_from_windows_search_bar_and_cant/
  8. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  9. i cant open settings/search bar

i cant open settings/search bar: when i was watching a video on youtube i put it on fullscreen and my taskbar didnt go away, so i decided to go to task manager and fix it by going to windows explorer and restarting the task. i accidentally had clicked end task and the taskbar had went away completely. i then...
  10. settings app cant be opened

settings app cant be opened: The settings app cannot be opened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-app-cant-be-opened/2cc26a06-a431-4d86-a964-8730678a6cd7