Windows 10: Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

Discus and support Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After 2004 update I can't open Windows Security. When I click Windows Security, system show message "We’re updating Windows Security. It should be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SergeFalchenko, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

After 2004 update I can't open Windows Security. When I click Windows Security, system show message "We’re updating Windows Security. It should be ready to use again shortly." I try click from Settings, from Start Menu, from Tray - it doesn't work. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update. 4baddddb-124b-4a79-a37f-143a847097b3?upload=true.jpg

:)

SergeFalchenko, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Jun 24, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 24, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update.

1. Can't open Windows Security after 2004 update. - Similar Threads - Can't open Security

2. Can't open Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Security: I can't open windows security. I suspected it to be a virus, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan and there were 30 detections. Mainly trojan and RiskWareNSudo, affecting registries and other core files. I quarantined them and restarted my pc, but Windows Security...
  3. Can't open Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Windows Security: I can't open windows security. I suspected it to be a virus, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan and there were 30 detections. Mainly trojan and RiskWareNSudo, affecting registries and other core files. I quarantined them and restarted my pc, but Windows Security...
  4. Can't open windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open windows security: For some reason I can't open windows security on my windows 11 pc, I've tried reinstalling it via Powershell, reset and repair via settings and restarted windows multiple times, but it still won't open.The main reason I want to open windows security is to install cheat engine...
  5. Can't open windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open windows security: For some reason I can't open windows security on my windows 11 pc, I've tried reinstalling it via Powershell, reset and repair via settings and restarted windows multiple times, but it still won't open.The main reason I want to open windows security is to install cheat engine...
  6. Windows Security can't open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security can't open: I can't open windows security even I uninstall all third-party antivirus software I search all solution and all doesn't work for me Can someone please help me ?...
  7. Movies&TV app and Groove Music can't be opened after update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies&TV app and Groove Music can't be opened after update to Windows 10 2004: Hi, after updating my windows to version 2004, I found that some of my apps can't be opened. When I tried to open them, the message below was displayed. "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor." Currently, I found the problem on two apps which is Movies&TV...
  8. Can't update after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update after 2004 update: I have followed several different sets of instructions and twice ended up wiping my system clean. After each wipe, I install the latest version of windows 2004. A few days later, I check for updates and get the error message 0x80070424. Also, when I check my start/stop...
  9. Programs not opening after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening after 2004 update: Hi there I recently updated my computer to the latest 2004 build, to be honest I did it without thinking, windows update is telling me to install, have no reason to disagree with it. BIGGEST MISTAKE! So after 3 attempts at the update which all came down to an external...
  10. Can't update to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to 2004: I have tried many times, in many ways to update to 2004 feature upgrade. Every time it downloads, installs to a point, then after a restart unloads changes and goes back to prior state - error code 0xc1900101. At one point I did a complete clean installation of the OS, and...