Windows 10: Can't open windows

Discus and support Can't open windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried everything from command prompts, trouble shooting, advance options, flash drive usb boot and still receive error dead scan code process on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by debbiebayles, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Can't open windows

I've tried everything from command prompts, trouble shooting, advance options, flash drive usb boot and still receive error dead scan code process on my HP laptop w10. This all started when I went to recovery system to restore a point from a earlier date. I think I shut off the PC before it was still in process of restoring. Other than that I've never had ANY problems with laptop or windows! Can you please help me with this issue. Also when going back to system restore it says to enable protection on drive, I tried twice with the prompt command and it said successfully done. Please need help!!

:)

debbiebayles, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't open windows

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open windows :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't open windows

1. Can't open windows - Similar Threads - Can't open

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  4. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  5. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  6. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  7. Can't start / open any Microsoft programs

Can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/d3f7f36b-e086-4fde-90ab-34e46bb275b4
  8. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a
  9. can't start / open any Microsoft programs

can't start / open any Microsoft programs: Hi please help me I can't open any Microsoft programs included store, photos, movies, mails and calendar etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-open-any-microsoft-programs/f1fe0bb1-894a-49ad-9e2d-47aecabaf41a
  10. can't get any games in game store to open ?

can't get any games in game store to open ?: It won't let me open any games in Microsoft Store . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-any-games-in-game-store-to-open/8da70630-fbe3-4341-a6d9-5133e1332511