Windows 10: Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program...

Discus and support Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, when I try to open the Word 2016 this dialog box appears "file:\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps/Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub" This problem started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by miguelvalentim, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program...

Hey, when I try to open the Word 2016 this dialog box appears "file:\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps/Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub"

This problem started after my PC went through a "Windows 10 System Update" two days ago.

Here's a photo of what happens when I try to open Word, I personally think that the problem is bigger than just not being able of opening Word but I still didn't find another way of making this dialog box shows up.

Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program... bc83108e-2718-49dd-848f-c126c016c69b?upload=true.png

My notebook is an "Acer Aspire 5742-6838" and I have Windows 10. Please help me!

:)

miguelvalentim, Jun 25, 2020
  2. RPLX Win User

Dialog box is open when nothing is there

I have Microsoft Office Word 2007. When I try to open a file it says there is an open dialog box but there is nothing coming up on the screen. I have tried some of the other suggestions posted but nothing works. I do not have any corrupt files and alt
    tab doesn't show anything there. Any suggestions on how to open these files?

3. when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

Hello rodtheknee, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I suggest you follow the instructions on how to fix your issue.

-Click the FILE tab in the program.

-Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.

-On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.

-On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.

-When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.

-To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
    list, they are added to the list again.

That should help fix your issue.

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program...

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program...

1. Can't open Word and this dialog box shows up "file:\C:\Program... - Similar Threads - Can't open Word

2. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  3. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  4. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  6. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  7. File Open Dialog Box Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Open Dialog Box Issues: Since today I've noticed that the Windows file open dialog box crashes the app calling it. For example, I use Soundforge Pro 11 and if I click the icon or the menu item for file open, the dialog appears followed by an error message from the application saying the program has...
  8. Can't open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: I want to run Malwarebytes on an app that I downloaded from the Microsoft store. I found a posting (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_store/where-is-microsoft-store-downloads-folder-located/d0c8bfd4-4fb9-468c-8830-1e6bc0735b89) that says the...
  9. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...