Windows 10: Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive

Discus and support Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved some Word documents from OneDrive to Dropbox. Some of those documents I can open, but others I can't. I get an error message that says Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MerrillJones1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive

I moved some Word documents from OneDrive to Dropbox. Some of those documents I can open, but others I can't. I get an error message that says Word experienced an error trying to open the file. It then gives suggestions, none of which I truly understand what to do. I just want to get this issue resolved so I can access my files.

:)

MerrillJones1, Jul 9, 2019
  2. shmu26 Win User

OneDrive and open Word docs

Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage.
    Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight.
    In the course of that time, I make a lot of changes, and I want those changes to sync to the cloud, so my doc will be backed up.
    So how do I do that?
    It seems like as long as the Word doc is open, OneDrive will not sync changes to the cloud, even if I hit the save button in Word.
    Am I doing something wrong?

shmu26, Jul 9, 2019
  3. shmu26 Win User
    OneDrive and open Word docs

Even if I open the file directly from the OneDrive cloud, I get the same behavior. It doesn't sync changes until I close the document.
    Autosave does not trigger a save, and not even a manual save.

Well, I tried it again, and I think you are right, now the changes seem to save to the cloud, if I open the doc directly from the cloud. I don't know what went wrong last time I tried it...

Now I see that this time, the Microsoft Office Upload Center is showing in the system tray. That was missing, last time.

shmu26, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Joraffe7 Win User

Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive

Windows Explorer Crashes when opening Word documents from OneDrive

Hi all

I have an issue with my OneDrive in Windows Explorer. Whenever I try to open a Word doc from my OneDrive via Windows Explorer, Windows Explorer crashes, becoming unresponsive. This happens even if I select a Word document (i.e. clicking once). This does
    not happen if I open a Word document from a PC file (e.g. Downloads or Desktop). PDFs and Excel files are not affected.

I can open Word docs saved in OneDrive by going into Word and opening from there, however, I'd still like to know how to fix this issue as there is obviously something not right.

I have run the scan now and there are no corrupt files. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled OneDrive multiple times.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Joraffe7, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive

1. Can't open Word Docs in Dropbox after Moving them from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Can't open Word

2. MAC user can't open an important Word doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAC user can't open an important Word doc: MAC user can't open an important Word doc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-user-cant-open-an-important-word-doc/f97c363f-45b6-4899-9eaf-3641ed1fc360
  3. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  4. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't open a Word Doc.

Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. OneDrive and open Word docs

OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not open some word document from onedrive

2. what happen when i can save a word document in dropbox?

3. cant open word documents from dropbox