Windows 10: Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open

Discus and support Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason my laptop won't let me open zipped files, load of my folder have become nearly empty and when I try to open files that are still there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thatbibitch101, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open

For some reason my laptop won't let me open zipped files, load of my folder have become nearly empty and when I try to open files that are still there it says they don't exist The only thing I've done recently which could impact this is I cleared out loads of space, cleared temp files, deleted a load of old apps etc. I can't think how that could have impacted it and I'm really anxious, PLZ HELP

submitted by /u/thatbibitch101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thatbibitch101, Jul 9, 2020

2. cant open zip files without saving first

When i get an attachment via email like a zip file i cant just open the file from the email i have to save and then open, i have tried the reg fix with the level security but still i cant open files, its a real pain

georgesperis, Jul 9, 2020
  3. cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open

1. Cant open Zipped files, files disappeared and other files won't open - Similar Threads - Cant open Zipped

2. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  3. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  4. Unable to open a zip file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open a zip file: I have exported a notebook from chrome extension videonotebook in zip format and I am trying to unzip it but it is showing folder empty and when I am extracting files it shows error. But I tried opening it third party app it got opened. What could be the problem?...
  5. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  6. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  7. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  8. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  9. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...