Windows 10: can't opn PDF scan

Discus and support can't opn PDF scan in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get an error message that says "exceeds maximum page size for Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelissaLF, Mar 12, 2020.

1. MelissaLF Win User

can't opn PDF scan

I get an error message that says "exceeds maximum page size for Word

:)

MelissaLF, Mar 12, 2020

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Mar 12, 2020
  4. can't opn PDF scan

Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

can't opn PDF scan

1. can't opn PDF scan - Similar Threads - can't opn PDF

2. Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?: When I attempt to scan from my HP printer to my HP windows 11 laptop through the Scanner app I am not given the option of a pdf document. Only options given are tiff, png, jpeg and bitmap. I need to be able to save to pdf. What am I missing? So far not a fan of Windows 11 at...
  3. Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?: When I attempt to scan from my HP printer to my HP windows 11 laptop through the Scanner app I am not given the option of a pdf document. Only options given are tiff, png, jpeg and bitmap. I need to be able to save to pdf. What am I missing? So far not a fan of Windows 11 at...
  4. may pc opn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    may pc opn: kese kare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-pc-opn/851f2651-3efe-4b95-be13-a8742b6b12d9
  5. may pc opn

may pc opn: kese kare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-pc-opn/851f2651-3efe-4b95-be13-a8742b6b12d9
  6. Scanning as a pdf file.

Scanning as a pdf file.: I have Microsoft 10. My Windows fax and Scan will not offer me the option to scan documents as pdf nor to save them as such once scanned. I have tried the option of uninstalling and reinstalling but this has not helped. \i would be grateful for any ideas...
  7. Scan to PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan to PDF: Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/392dda99-0855-4978-90d6-bc123c60657f"
  8. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  9. Scan to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan to PDF: Why can I not scan to a .pdf file? Is it possible to scan multiples pages into one document? I don't see an option to make that happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/0d2d5cd1-f78e-48ca-b40c-04c0de4d33a4
  10. HP Laser Jet 3055- can't scan to PDF, can't scan multiple pages to a single file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laser Jet 3055- can't scan to PDF, can't scan multiple pages to a single file: am using hp laser jet 3055, i have downloaded the printer driver for windows 10. after downloading i used the windows scan feature to scan my doc, where am able to scan to image format but am not able to scan into Pdf. and also not able to scan multiple page in to single...