Windows 10: can't opt out of insider program

Discus and support can't opt out of insider program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system is accumulating over a couple hundred gigs of data every single day..all in temp files..and my disk usage is always stuck on 100%..with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adeybob, Aug 9, 2019.

1. adeybob Win User

can't opt out of insider program

My system is accumulating over a couple hundred gigs of data every single day..all in temp files..and my disk usage is always stuck on 100%..with apparently most of the resources being dedicated to compiling the useless things.
    This means my system now runs like a pig in a poke. It takes 15 mins just to boot up, and I'm constantly having to use 3rd party programs to clear the absolute junk accumulating in the temp files.
    I've spent hours looking for solutions, and seem to have narrowed the issue down to microsoft taking over my system so it can find out apparently everything happening on my system because I'm in the insider program.
    I opted in to the insider build program some time ago, and now I can't opt out of it.
    All the relevant options are greyed out.
    As a last resort, I decided to simply reinstall windows using the installation media tool. So I spent the best part of an hour staring at the screen, only for the program to tell me without a hint of irony that 'Your system can't run windows 10'.
    A ridiculous situation.
    I haven't got the time, energy or the spare hard drive space to save all my data so I can reformat my drive and start again..and am considering a linux setup just to escape this win 10 nightmare.
    Can someone give me some help? I just want to opt out of the insider program so I can get my property back to the state it was in almost a year ago.
    I've looked thru the answers given to similar problems on here, and none of them have worked for me.

:)

adeybob, Aug 9, 2019
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

opting out of windows insider program

Hello Scott, you are able to opt out of the Windows Insider Program by following the steps listed in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10584/...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! can't opt out of insider program :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 9, 2019
  3. music2 Win User
    insider program opt out

how to opt our of insider program

music2, Aug 9, 2019
  4. can't opt out of insider program

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

can't opt out of insider program

1. can't opt out of insider program - Similar Threads - can't opt insider

2. how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?: I have message under windows insider: You may continue to receive windows insider builds ultil your PC restarts. And below is buttot restart. I tried that and i had still this message here. How to opt out of windows insider ? 134207
  3. How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?: Yeah so earlier I decided to opt into Windows Insider Builds as they interested me, so once I opted in, it started to install a build However, when it was installing I got a message saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 (and by that it means it won't install the...
  4. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opting out of windows insider program: hello everyone. my question is; how do I opt out if windows insider program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-windows-insider-program/082933d6-73d6-46bc-ae4f-d48c65e7eddf
  5. OPT OUT OF LOCATION SERVICES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OPT OUT OF LOCATION SERVICES: I would like to opt out of location services. I have entered my MAC address where required , but I get an error when asked to type the characters requested of me...
  6. Opt out of ongoing issue

Opt out of ongoing issue: I keep getting emails w/answers to a problem I don't even remember signing up for. In the email it says to click on the (...) and opt out, but I do not find that option anywhere on the article. Where/how can I successfully do this? I don't want to mark these emails as Spam...
  7. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...
  8. Unable to opt out of Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to opt out of Insider Builds: I have tried over the last month or two to stop receiving Insider Builds and have been unsuccessful. I keep getting referred to this How-To article. I wish to follow their advice: Keep an eye out for the next production, or publicly released, build to hit my PC. When it...
  9. Opting out of Insider programme

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Opting out of Insider programme: If someone pulls out of the insider programme what happens next, do you stay on the last Preview or do you go back to the latest stable build you installed or the latest stable build thats out at the moment and can you lose anything in the process. I've been doing this for...
  10. Fans Can Now Opt into the Xbox Insider Program

in Windows 10 News
    Fans Can Now Opt into the Xbox Insider Program: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] The Xbox Insider Program is growing, and with that growth comes exciting new opportunities. Alongside our continual efforts to hear all feedback shared by the Xbox Insider community, we’re now simplifying entry into the Xbox...