Windows 10: can't opt out of insider program

Discus and support can't opt out of insider program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system is accumulating over a couple hundred gigs of data every single day..all in temp files..and my disk usage is always stuck on 100%..with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by adeybob, Aug 9, 2019.

1. adeybob Win User

can't opt out of insider program

My system is accumulating over a couple hundred gigs of data every single day..all in temp files..and my disk usage is always stuck on 100%..with apparently most of the resources being dedicated to compiling the useless things.
    This means my system now runs like a pig in a poke. It takes 15 mins just to boot up, and I'm constantly having to use 3rd party programs to clear the absolute junk accumulating in the temp files.
    I've spent hours looking for solutions, and seem to have narrowed the issue down to microsoft taking over my system so it can find out apparently everything happening on my system because I'm in the insider program.
    I opted in to the insider build program some time ago, and now I can't opt out of it.
    All the relevant options are greyed out.
    As a last resort, I decided to simply reinstall windows using the installation media tool. So I spent the best part of an hour staring at the screen, only for the program to tell me without a hint of irony that 'Your system can't run windows 10'.
    A ridiculous situation.
    I haven't got the time, energy or the spare hard drive space to save all my data so I can reformat my drive and start again..and am considering a linux setup just to escape this win 10 nightmare.
    Can someone give me some help? I just want to opt out of the insider program so I can get my property back to the state it was in almost a year ago.
    I've looked thru the answers given to similar problems on here, and none of them have worked for me.

:)

adeybob, Aug 9, 2019
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

opting out of windows insider program

Hello Scott, you are able to opt out of the Windows Insider Program by following the steps listed in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10584/...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! can't opt out of insider program :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 9, 2019
  3. music2 Win User
    insider program opt out

how to opt our of insider program

music2, Aug 9, 2019
  4. can't opt out of insider program

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

can't opt out of insider program

1. can't opt out of insider program - Similar Threads - can't opt insider

2. can't OPT OUT window insider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't OPT OUT window insider: hi, I can't leave/OPT OUT windows insider program.After clicking "Leave the insider program" it's asking to log in to my account and after login, web page showing its processing/spinning. i have tried with Edge, chrome and in safari as well but after log into my MS account,...
  3. can't OPT OUT window insider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't OPT OUT window insider: hi, I can't leave/OPT OUT windows insider program.After clicking "Leave the insider program" it's asking to log in to my account and after login, web page showing its processing/spinning. i have tried with Edge, chrome and in safari as well but after log into my MS account,...
  4. I want to opt out of the windows Insider program, but I can't

I want to opt out of the windows Insider program, but I can't: On October 1st I joined the windows insider program through the dev channel to get the pre released version of windows 11. But the pre release version has a message in the desktop saying "Windows 11 home insider preview single language...". I really want to get rid of it. Now...
  5. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opting out of windows insider program: I've opted out of windows insider program, but my windows update showing that my device is registered to get insider builds and I'm receiving them. How to stop these?by the way I'm not using any business or organization account.Any solution?...
  6. opting out of windows insider program

opting out of windows insider program: I've opted out of windows insider program, but my windows update showing that my device is registered to get insider builds and I'm receiving them. How to stop these?by the way I'm not using any business or organization account.Any solution?...
  7. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to Opt-out of windows insider program?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Opt-out of windows insider program?: I'm still getting windows 11 preview builds even after leaving the the insider program and there's no way to skip those builds. after few days they'll be downloading automatically how can I stop getting preview builds? I'm on 21H1 19043.1151 183550
  9. Can't opt out of Insider Program, help, please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't opt out of Insider Program, help, please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panfinz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i58c71/cant_opt_out_of_insider_program_help_please/
  10. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opting out of windows insider program: hello everyone. my question is; how do I opt out if windows insider program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-windows-insider-program/082933d6-73d6-46bc-ae4f-d48c65e7eddf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to opt out of insider preview