Windows 10: Can't optimize hard drive!

Discus and support Can't optimize hard drive! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Please help! My Pc has been VERY laggy lately! I'm trying to optimize this volume "δεσμεύμενο απο το σύστημα" Which translates into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Newb212, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can't optimize hard drive!

Can't optimize hard drive! kZOeN0fFaR2x1SLJBKc0QajUdh0ghXqxz3AzUQuhaxE.jpg

Please help! My Pc has been VERY laggy lately! I'm trying to optimize this volume "δεσμεύμενο απο το σύστημα" Which translates into "committed to the system" volume, and it just... won't work!

https://preview.redd.it/ourpmips27a...bp&s=d773e7a697e38d0ce49522169abc6ba42ec4ff2e

Oh, I also hope that'll help you find an answer...

https://preview.redd.it/t6np1gga37a...bp&s=86ae05f13604d1668f7647c9df3038986f35e737

submitted by /u/Newb212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Newb212, Jul 11, 2020

2. Optime Drive - Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive

When I Select "Defragment and Optimize Drives" my external USB 3.0 hard drive is not among the drives listed that can be analyzed or optimized. The reply to another similar post suggested reading and following the recommendations in a separate
    article "Optimize Windows for better performance" which I did but found no useful information there. Any other suggestions
    or alternatives?

RonKockler, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Optimize drive question

Hello,

I would recommend you to run check disk (chkdsk). To do so, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Open an administrative Command Prompt window.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command.
    Chkdsk volume: /f /r

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

You may also follow these articles for more help:

Optimize your hard drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/optimize-hard-drive#1TC=t1

Improve performance by optimizing your hard drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

(Note: All links applies to windows 10 also)

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Can't optimize hard drive!

Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't optimize hard drive!

1. Can't optimize hard drive! - Similar Threads - Can't optimize hard

2. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  3. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  4. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Optimize Drives: Just bought a new AsusExpertCenter desktop with a solid state drive. Should i turn off optimize drives? Am running win 10- 19043-1081. 182101
  5. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize Drives: I'm running Windows 10 version 2004. Since I upgraded when I optimize drives the PC goes thru the procedure and shows me a date and 0% fragmented. As soon as I go back to Optimize Drives under last analyzed it says Never Run. If this is some kind of glitch in version 2004...
  6. Optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optimize drives: It appears that when I am doing "Optimize drives "on SSD , the current status is not held in mind of the computer and it show all the time " needs optimization ". Can you advise me what to do, or which is the problem ?...
  7. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: Hello, all. I'm having an issue where I can't defragment/optimize my hard drive. I am able to successfully initiate the defragementation/optimization process from the built-in defragmenter program, but when it finishes I still see the "Needs Optimization" message, as if...
  8. Automatic Optimization of PC Hard Drives.

Automatic Optimization of PC Hard Drives.: For some reason, I am not sure why, my automatic optimization of the Hard Drives on my PC no longer works. I can optimize manually but the automatic feature no longer works. When I check it, the feature indicates that the optimization has never run even when I have optimized...
  9. Optimize drive

Optimize drive: I am trying to optimize my system drive, but I can't do it from Windows defrag and optimize drives. I want to do this from admin command prompt. How do I get to admin command prompt?...
  10. optimizing hard disk drive

optimizing hard disk drive: I am able to optimize the windows (c) hard disk drive with the utility in the control panel. It does not work with the system hard disk drive which is 100% fragmented. Is this a problem and how do I fix it? I sometimes experience a momentary blue screen when computer exits...