Windows 10: Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again

Discus and support Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can run into a problem while connecting or pairing your Bluetooth keyboard with your Windows 10 computer. Often, this happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again

WinClub, Aug 24, 2019

2. Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

I've been using a Bluetooth keyboard with my Windows 10 laptop for months. Suddenly it wouldn't connect, and I made the mistake of removing it from my Bluetooth devices before discovering its batteries were dead. Now, with new batteries, it won't pair.

The problem is that when I go to Windows Settings and select Add Bluetooth or other device and put the keyboard into pairing mode, it shows up in the
    Add a device dialog, but when I click it, it says "Connecting..." for a long time and then says "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

That's not the way it's supposed to work! That Add a device dialog is supposed to give me a PIN and then I'm supposed to type it on the keyboard. So I have no way to proceed and complete the pairing.

Troubleshooting steps I have done so far.

• I've tried the process repeatedly.
    • I moved the keyboard very near to, and then many feet away from, the laptop.
    • I moved the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard to other locations in house, further away from other wireless devices.
    • I turned off all other Bluetooth devices in house.
    • In Device Manager I deleted everything under the Bluetooth category, selecting to delete the driver files also, and rebooting. (After reboot, everything comes back by itself.)
    • The laptop vendor support app, and Windows updates, say the laptop is up to date.
    • I swapped Bluetooth keyboards between two PCs. This keyboard paired to that PC without issue. The PIN appeared, I typed it on the keyboard, and done. That keyboard from the other PC would not pair on this laptop, displaying the same issue as the other keyboard
      did.
    • I have seen the solutions offered by ThomasFulton and Hanuki4 in
      this thread
      on this forum, but I don't get the same dialogs that these answers refer to, so am unable to use the info.

Radiophile, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

Thanks Andre.

I did try Devices and Printers in Control Panel. I can't remember exactly what happened, except that it didn't work, so I tried it again just now. I put my keyboard in pairing mode, clicked
    Add a device, and see my keyboard in the list. I clicked Next, it says
    Connecting
    , but after a while it said That didn't work Try again, and make sure your keyboard is still discoverable. (My keyboard was discoverable throughout this process; I was watching its blinking light.)

I have never been prompted for a PIN, any of the many times I've tried to pair using various methods. And that's one of my points. I have three bluetooth keyboards in use on three PCs. In the past I have never been prompted for a PIN with a Bluetooth keyboard.
    The pairing process gives me a PIN, and I then type it on the keyboard, and then it pairs.

Radiophile, Aug 24, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Onn keyboard bluetooth doesn't lit the pairing light anymore how to reset??

ONN ONA14TA059 (01).pdf @ Manual Hub
    BTKB14TA059 Bluetooth Keyboard User Manual ONA14TA059_User Manul_Qi_Rev4_3-25-2014_1 Hung Tat Electronic Co Ltd

Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again 2248694-0-png.png

Cleaned up images --> *89401-c3b2c0611a0d4b0ab58658a310654d8f.jpg* *89402-061c03a36cff2dcf348e9fe177bbc1d5.jpg*

Quoted directions, as is, from link above:
    Google --> BTKB14TA059 Bluetooth Keyboard User Manual ONA14TA059_User Manul_Qi_Rev4_3-25-2014_1 Hung Tat Electronic Co Ltd

Hope it helps...

95Viper, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t pair Bluetooth keyboard, Check the PIN and try connecting again - Similar Threads - Can’t pair Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth pairing issue "Try connecting your device again"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairing issue "Try connecting your device again": I have tried to pair my controllers, headphones on my pc, but it kept showing "Try connecting your device again". I had tried multiple methods, running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, start or restarting the Bluetooth Services, reconfigure the Log On settings for the Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth pairing issue "Try connecting your device again"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing issue "Try connecting your device again": I have tried to pair my controllers, headphones on my pc, but it kept showing "Try connecting your device again". I had tried multiple methods, running the Bluetooth troubleshooter, start or restarting the Bluetooth Services, reconfigure the Log On settings for the Bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth pairing issue "Try connecting your device again"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  6. Bluetooth Device Not Pairing: "Check the PIN and try connecting again." Not Able To Enter a PIN

Bluetooth Device Not Pairing: "Check the PIN and try connecting again." Not Able To Enter a PIN: Hello there, I've been using a pair Bluetooth headphones for a little while now and they've been working really well. Suddenly, the headphones wouldn't play any sound even though the computer said the headphones were connected. So, after reconnecting them unsuccessfully, I...
  7. [Bluetooth] Check the pin and try connecting again.

[Bluetooth] Check the pin and try connecting again.: Hello all. First at all. Hope you guys have a nice day and healthy. I met a problem about bluetooth on my pc when i tried to connect with a bluetooth speaker Koleer SU-H5 When i tried to connect my pc to my speaker Koleer SU-H5 in Setting > Devices > + Add Bluetooth or...
  8. Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again."

Can't pair Bluetooth keyboard - "Check the PIN and try connecting again.": The problem is that when I go to Windows Settings and select Add Bluetooth or other device and put the keyboard into pairing mode, it shows up in the Add a device dialog, but when I click it, it says "Connecting..." for a long time and then says "Check the PIN and try...
  9. bluetooth audio "check pin and try again"

bluetooth audio "check pin and try again": Hello, I recently bought a pair of wireless headphones. I wanted to use them with my PC but whenever I try to connect them it says "check pin and try again. There is no pin that pops up on screen and there is no pin on the headphones. There is not even a prompt asking me to...
  10. Check the pin and try again.

Check the pin and try again.: One day my bluetooth keyboard has disconnected. I tried connecting it again and this showed up. I know it's not my keyboard because my wii didn't connect either. Anyone know a solution? https://i.gyazo.com/3e085bdaff3dbc9c...68cf2b36d6.png 82664

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check the pin and try connecting again

2. error check pin while connecting blutooth headset

3. error check PIN and try again while connecting bluetooth headset