Windows 10: Can't partial search windows 10 start menu

Discus and support Can't partial search windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm searching for an app on my computer. I type in 'shade' and it finds no apps. I know for a fact I have gshade installed, in fact I gave up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cerwen5, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Can't partial search windows 10 start menu

Hi, I'm searching for an app on my computer. I type in 'shade' and it finds no apps. I know for a fact I have gshade installed, in fact I gave up on search and scrolled down my start menu and found gshade waving at me.

I don't like what has happened to my search functions.. it looks different recently, I don't know when it happened but the search window just doesn't look like how I remember it. It doesn't seem to work properly either. is there some way I can find out what happened and restore it?

submitted by /u/Cerwen5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cerwen5, Feb 4, 2021

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Start menu search not showing partial matches

Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that.
    For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft word application. To get the same result in the desktop i need to write the full name of the executable "winword" or it won't show matches. Another example is "paint"... i need to type "mspaint".
    Windows explorer search works. It displays partial filename matches and partial file contents.
    Only the start menu search is not working like it supposed.

Anyone can help me? The laptop is ok... the desktop isn't!!!

Thank you

dancer16121983, Feb 4, 2021
  4. scevism Win User

Can't partial search windows 10 start menu

scevism, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't partial search windows 10 start menu

1. Can't partial search windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - Can't partial search

2. Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.: Hello, I've been using my new Windows 10 PC for less than a day and am unable to type into the Windows 10 search box/bar. Also, setting the search bar to display the search icon instead, and then clicking on the icon does not make a search bar appear nothing happens. Showing...
  3. Can't search anything using Windows Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't search anything using Windows Start menu: Hi, I can't search anything using Windows start. Never had this problem before. It's slowing me down a lot. [ATTACH] Type anything and I'll get nothing on the start menu. Please help! TIA!...
  4. I can't use Search in Start Menu

in Cortana
    I can't use Search in Start Menu: Hi, When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block. How I can fix that issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-search-in-start-menu/192fc523-48a4-4654-89b8-e6e9f35c6ebc"
  5. Windows 10 - Start menu search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Start menu search: When I search for a folder by typing the name in the start menu, how can I then go to a subfolder without having to open the folder, e.g. I am trying to get to the following file documents/pictures/holidays/summer holiday 2018. I know I can just type on summer holidays...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search: Hi, Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted. Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search We can enable the following 3 options to disable...
  7. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...
  8. Windows 10 Start Search can't find stuff in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Search can't find stuff in Start Menu: Hi I have a clean install of windows 10 with bootcamp on a macbook 13 early 2015 using the iso downloaded from microsoft. I've also enabled compact os. I have this same problem: Windows 10 Search can't find ANY applications. Even calculator - Super User it seems. Win+S...
  9. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...
  10. Start menu search not showing partial matches

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not showing partial matches: Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that. For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft...