Windows 10: Can't paste a snip anymore

Discus and support Can't paste a snip anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I don't remember when it actually started, but I can't paste a snip anymore, anywhere, not without copying something else first. And I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dimitrios Mitsas, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Can't paste a snip anymore

Hello all,

I don't remember when it actually started, but I can't paste a snip anymore, anywhere, not without copying something else first. And I explain.

I snip something, open up pbrush, hit paste, but nothing happens. I have clipboard history enabled, so I can see the snip in the history. For me to make it work, I have to select something else from the history, or copy something new even a new snip!!!, paste it and then select the original snip I wanted to paste from the clipboard history and paste it. It's not only pbrush, it's everywhere, whatsapp web, paint 3d, word, everywhere. Any ideas?

Thank you for reading me.

:)

Dimitrios Mitsas, Oct 6, 2020
  2. rgp1942 Win User

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, Oct 6, 2020
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Can't paste a snip anymore

Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer,
    all I get is a broken image symbol. The only work around I have found is to first save the file to disk and then insert the image into my document. That is far too many steps when I have been copying and pasting from the snipping tool with no problem for
    many years.

I need this function, please do not remove the snipping tool because it still works and Snip & Sketch does not. I have seen others on the internet complaining about this issue for years with not being able to paste into several different programs... and
    still this is not resolved. So I continue to use the Snipping Tool, please don't take it away.

GailnFlorida, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't paste a snip anymore

1. Can't paste a snip anymore - Similar Threads - Can't paste snip

2. Snipping Tool doesn't work anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool doesn't work anymore?: Since the last two Windows 11 updates, the Snipping Tool does not work. When you select +NEW, all you get is a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-doesnt-work-anymore/12e15cca-6a4f-4c58-8e63-43e61ea84af1
  3. Snipping Tool doesn't work anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool doesn't work anymore?: Since the last two Windows 11 updates, the Snipping Tool does not work. When you select +NEW, all you get is a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-doesnt-work-anymore/12e15cca-6a4f-4c58-8e63-43e61ea84af1
  4. Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?

Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?: I snipped thisIt pasted this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-only-pastes-half-the-snip-picture/dad6e291-2926-4630-9bd9-f2ecebe62b3a
  5. Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste: Up to Date Windows 11 ProMicrosoft Office Home and Business 2021Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023Microsoft Paint as came with Windows 11 ProSnipping Tool as came with Windows 11 Pro used in Rectangle ModeExtended Displays: Laptop is 2560 x 1600 150%, Primary Display is 3480 x...
  6. Can't paste from snipping tool to windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't paste from snipping tool to windows mail: Using snipping tool, copying and then try to paste into windows mail doesn't work. If I paste it into Word and then copy from word, it works. Why?...
  7. Can't paste from snipping tool to windows mail

Can't paste from snipping tool to windows mail: Using snipping tool, copying and then try to paste into windows mail doesn't work. If I paste it into Word and then copy from word, it works. Why?...
  8. Snip & Sketch won't paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip & Sketch won't paste: I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour Xmind and have used it and trained others to use Xmind8 extensively. For years now I used the Snipping Tool in Windows...
  9. Snip and Paste

Snip and Paste: I have Outlook as my default mail programme in Settings. When I try and mail from Snip and paste it says"you do not have a app to share this. Please assist Moved from: Outlook.com Email Connecting to Outlook.com with apps and devices...
  10. Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool: I loved the old Snipping Tool since it has the ability to save the snip to just about anywhere. The new Snip & Sketch doesn't work so well. It looks slick but will not place an image anywhere, so what's the point of this tool? I can invoke the palette that has the saved...