Windows 10: Can't paste into File Explorer

Discus and support Can't paste into File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just what it says. I need to create a userChrome.css file for Firefox modifications and File Explorer simply will NOT allow me to paste into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SmartAleq, Jul 14, 2020.

1. SmartAleq Win User

Can't paste into File Explorer

Just what it says. I need to create a userChrome.css file for Firefox modifications and File Explorer simply will NOT allow me to paste into the window, paste option is greyed out. This is a new install, build is 19041.264. I searched and found a similar issue back from April but there was no solution given. Anyone?

:)

SmartAleq, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Can't paste into File Explorer

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't paste into File Explorer

1. Can't paste into File Explorer - Similar Threads - Can't paste File

2. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  3. Clipboard data Paste to file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard data Paste to file in file explorer: Copy image or text to Clipboard as from WhatsApp for windows app when we open file explorer to see HDD files, right-click on it, the paste is disabled, it is good to see the file explorer support page of the clipboard as the pate the clipboard contents as a file....
  4. File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste

File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste: I've been trying to copy, paste and delete files on a couple of USB sticks and I've just run into problem after problem. Usually everything works fine, but today I've had some really weird things happen. When I was trying to copy and paste files, it said I could copy and...
  5. Paste not working in file explorer

Paste not working in file explorer: Suddenly this afternoon the paste option is gone from file explorer. Every folder on the entire computer + the standalone drives has paste grayed out. I CAN paste into all the office apps. I CAN "save as" docs from word or excel into an explorer folder. I believe I CAN...
  6. File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file

File paste - Windows 10 explorer does not highlight the pasted file: Hi, contrarily to older versions, windows 10 explorer does not highlight pasted files. When I copy Paste a file in a specific location, or I drag and drop in a window, the focus remain as is and the new location/window will not change focus/highlight the pasted file. so...
  7. File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer paste doesn't go to the pasted tab: When I paste a file into a folder with enough files that would required you scroll thru multiple columns to see all the files, the folder automatically scrolls to the end of the files, not to where the pasted file is alphabetically situated. In the past, after pasting, you...
  8. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  9. Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer: Hi everyone I hope someone can help me, as this seems to be a rare problem and I haven't found anything by googleing. I have a new Win 10 PC with IE 11, and now I can't copy-paste anymore with the keyboard controls in the DOM explorer (it only works with right mouse...
  10. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...