Windows 10: Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore

Discus and support Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KoenD, Nov 22, 2019.

1. KoenD Win User

Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore

Hi,
    I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21.
    So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document
    In Windows 1903 that’s piece of cake. You get plenty of assistance when you type it in the search box. In 1909 I don’t find a user friendly way to get the formula.

Note: They are in different folders, so I can't use a filter, only a search operation.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks a lot,
    Koen

:)

KoenD, Nov 22, 2019
  2. RickyGeu Win User

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

RickyGeu, Nov 22, 2019
  3. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr.
    I have tried to run the search and index troubleshooter but it says everything is working as intended. I have restarted the windows search service, and I have reset the windows search but this issue happens every day. Any suggestions?

Mary Fraley, Nov 22, 2019
  4. RickyGeu Win User

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

I changed windows services to automatic no delay start. and on recovery tab restart after 5 minutes and no issues on any of my computers

for 5 hours so far. Before that it would suspend search after 5 minutes or so and i would have to restart explorer big pain as it closes all open windows.

RickyGeu, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore - Similar Threads - Can't perform advanced

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  3. Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909

Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909: Where is the advanced search in the 1909 version of File Explorer. I search using date modified today, yesterday, past 7 days....... It doesn't seem to be in 1909 version I updated on Feb 5th 2020 - A comment of the new File Explorer Yucky having to click the arrow key to...
  4. Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't perform advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explorer: Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21. So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document In...
  5. Error on file search on File explorer after 1909

Error on file search on File explorer after 1909: Hello. After update 1909, the search on file explorer does not work properly. I really wish back to old type search or find anyone help me. When the search does not properly, the symptoms are as below; Firstly, I could not click the search box even left or right...
  6. Is advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore very user unfriendly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is advanced search in Windows 1909 file Explore very user unfriendly?: Hi, I installed yesterday Windows 1909. Now I want to do a simple search operation in File Explorer. I want to find the documents I changed between November 13 and November 21. So I type in the search box the formula datemodified:11/13/2019 .. 11/21/2019 kind:=document In...
  7. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  8. 1909 Update file explorer search issue.

in Cortana
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.: New 1909 update broke the file explorer search. Now after file explorer window has been open 10+ minutes the search option is grayed out. Text does not show in the bar and the only way to be able to type again is to task kill file explorer from taskmgr. I have tried to run...
  9. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...
  10. Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options.: Windows 10 file explorer, search,advanced options. I have file contents unchecked. but still get results from within documents-pdf,odt,doc,etc.I have file indexing turned off. How do I just get names of files and folders? 26183