Windows 10: Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

Discus and support Can't pin documents folder to quick access? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Michgal2k, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Michgal2k Win User

Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance

:)

Michgal2k, Dec 30, 2022

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 30, 2022
  3. Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 30, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Documents not showing up after restore in the Quick Access Folders

Hi AToor

When you restored WIndows, you would have wiped the Quick Access Cache (basically a list of recent items)

It is only when you open those documents again that they will be added to the Quick Access section

A quick way of doing this is if those documents are in a specific folder, right click that folder and choose 'Pin to Quick Access' . . .

DaveM121, Dec 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't pin documents folder to quick access? - Similar Threads - Can't pin documents

2. Can't pin Videos folder to quick access anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin Videos folder to quick access anymore?: Hello!I recently moved several of my folders Documents, Music, Photos & Videos to my other harddrive, since it has more space than the one those folders were originally on.I was able to re-pin all of those folders to Quick Access, except for the Videos one. When I try, it...
  3. Can't pin Videos folder to quick access anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin Videos folder to quick access anymore?: Hello!I recently moved several of my folders Documents, Music, Photos & Videos to my other harddrive, since it has more space than the one those folders were originally on.I was able to re-pin all of those folders to Quick Access, except for the Videos one. When I try, it...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  6. Can't pin documents folder to quick access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents folder to quick access?: I am running windows 11 home. I can pin other folders to quick access but NOT documents.Any idea what is causing this? Please help if possible.Thanks in advance...
  7. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  8. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  9. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...
  10. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...