Windows 10: Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

Discus and support Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aielea, Jan 18, 2022.

1. aielea Win User

Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying to pin the downloads folder to quick access where it usually was I accidentally deleted it while panicking, nothing happens when I right-click and press "pin to quick access". Every other folder is able to get pinned.Is there anything else I should do?I tried going into cmd and typing %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\

:)

aielea, Jan 18, 2022

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 18, 2022
  4. spunk Win User

Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

Moving download folder

As the link in Post #4 suggests, you have to Move the folder using the Location tab in it's Properties. This will overwrite any files you have in the Download Folder on the Backup drive if they are the same.

Move Location of Downloads Folder in Windows 10

spunk, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location - Similar Threads - Can't Pin Downloads

2. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  3. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  4. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  5. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  6. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  7. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  8. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can't move folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  10. Renaming the folder back to original after moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming the folder back to original after moving Downloads folder: The HDD where my Downloads folder was located failed, and I wanted to change the location of the Downloads folder. I thought that changing it to an existing folder was a good idea. I did that, and the folder changed from it's name "xyz" to Downloads in the Explorer. I...