Windows 10: Can't pin IE to taskbar

Discus and support Can't pin IE to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro 3 I am unable to pin Internet Explorer to the taskbar. I have tried all of the different ways to do it but I am only given the option... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JSK, Oct 16, 2015.

1. JSK
    JSK Win User

Can't pin IE to taskbar

On my Surface Pro 3 I am unable to pin Internet Explorer to the taskbar. I have tried all of the different ways to do it but I am only given the option of pinning it to the start menu. Also if I click on "send to" I do not get the option to pin to taskbar there either. I can do it on my Dell PC running Windows 10 but not on my Surface Pro 3. What am I missing here?

:)

2. MSDiamond Win User

How to locate and open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

can't do this...IE is in shadows and not to be clicked on....I have IE pinned to my taskbar but its totally useless.....;-{

MSDiamond, Oct 16, 2015
  3. RickCP Win User
    IE icon is gone after updating to win 10

Microsoft Edge is the default browser experience on Windows 10.

IE is still there (hidden in Windows Accesories) but it's not pinned to the Start screen or Taskbar.

Maybe this would work for you:
    Pin Internet Explorer to the Start screen or Taskbar

RickCP, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Can't pin IE to taskbar

Try start--apps--right click IE

enigma1944, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I had to create a shortcut on the DT and then pin it to the task bar

6. JSK
    JSK Win User
    I have tried both of those suggestions but when I rightclick I don't get the option to pin it to the task bar. When I try to drag itto the task bar it won't stay there and I get this red symbol .I guess I'll just have to use a desktop shortcut or the start menu.

7. Not sure if you tried, but open IE. The icon that appears should let you right click it and pin it. If not, you might have some kind of repair that needs to happen..

DustSailor, Oct 17, 2015
  8. JSK
    JSK Win User

Can't pin IE to taskbar

I did try that. I don't think there is a problem with my system because I am able to add any program icon I want to the task bar except IE. Must be a quirk in my copy of IE. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

9. Do you have any modifying programs that change explorer, etc?

This can't hurt: SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I'm thinking it might have less to do with IE and more with the pinning function, but you said other programs pin just fine. Try resetting IE. I can't think of what else to do....

DustSailor, Oct 18, 2015
  10. If you have an icon on your desktop, right click icon. Right click :Open file location" on menu. Right click "Internet Explorer." Click "Pin to taskbar." SO SIMPLE.......after days of trying all suggestions & nothing worked!

tangox2girl, Jan 17, 2016
  11. If you have an icon on your desktop, right click icon. Right click "Open file location" on menu. Right click "Internet Explorer." Click "Pin to taskbar." SO SIMPLE.......after days of trying all suggestions & nothing worked!

tangox2girl, Jan 17, 2016
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    If you go to Program Files (X86) and then iexplore, right click on that.

Can't pin IE to taskbar [​IMG]

Thema:

Can't pin IE to taskbar

1. Can't pin IE to taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't pin taskbar

2. Can't pin program to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin program to taskbar: I can not pin anything to my taskbar. I've tried from Start, from open program and from icon on the taskbar when program is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-program-to-taskbar/82ea8105-391c-4b9d-bd1d-156e5a3e0a3c
  3. Can't start apps pinned to taskbar

Can't start apps pinned to taskbar: Since the latest cumulative updates installed KB4562900 & KB4565483 I cannot left-click an app in the taskbar to start it. I have to right-click it, then choose the app from the pop-up menu. This applies to all apps pinned to my taskbar, all of which worked before those...
  4. I can't pin items on taskbar

I can't pin items on taskbar: Hi guys. After the newest update all the items that I had pinned on my taskbar aren't there anymore. Also I can't create new desktop icons. I also did the shift+shutdown thing but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated....
  5. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  6. IE 11 will not go to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 will not go to taskbar: I have a friend who no longer can add IE11 to his taskbar. I have tried adding it from "all apps", Start menu, file location, and the link on the desktop but these options do not show the "Pin to taskbar". Suggestions? 53191
  7. When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

in Browsers and Email
    When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?: Hello everyone, First post here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community! My first question is while attempting to pin a website to the task bar in Edge I followed the directions and selected the "3 dots menu" and then selected "open with IE" option as...
  8. Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance: The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has one instance of the ie11 showing, but all tabs are still intact. Is there a way to do this in Win 10 on purpose? It would make...
  9. Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Files on Taskbar Don't Work, Can't Unpin, Can't Pin New: Hi! Did the Win 10 update last night. Now I can't run my pinned Excel files ("The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list?") But when I say Yes, it's not removed. If I click the icon for...
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007