Windows 10: Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and after using it for a few weeks, several icons from Microsoft Office disappeared from the taskbar, including Excel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SherrieNegrea1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10

I just bought a new computer and after using it for a few weeks, several icons from Microsoft Office disappeared from the taskbar, including Excel, Word and Outlook. There is an invisible box in the taskbar where these these icons would go and if you put the cursor over it the word, "excel" etc. will appear. I cannot pin them from the programs because it assumes they are already pinned and the only option is "unpin from taskbar." How do you get them to appear on the taskbar?

:)

SherrieNegrea1, Mar 21, 2019

2. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Mar 21, 2019
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10

Icons for Office Apps missing from the Taskbar after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which version of office are you using?

• What exactly happens when you try to create shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to pin the office app to taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press windows button.

• Select the app and right click on it and select more.

• Select pin to taskbar and check if it helps.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10

1. Can't pin Microsoft Office icons to taskbar on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't pin Microsoft

2. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  3. Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin apps to the taskbar can't be removed after pinned and display no icon: this was happening to me with Windows 10 I installed Win 11 clean installation and this but still not fixed - After I pin the apps Microsoft Store and mail app I believe this happened only to the app from the store. It doesn't happen with the app installed from the setup file...
  4. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  5. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  6. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  7. Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?

Invisible, Pinned (but not pinned) Icon on Taskbar?: Hi, I'm having an issue where an invisible, nonfunctional icon for Dell Mobile Connect is pinned on the taskbar but there is no way to unpin it. Here is a screenshot of the issue (after right-clicking on the icon): [ATTACH] Tried rebooting and restarting Explorer and...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons

Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons: I've searched the forums and I couldn't find any similar posts for this topic. I'm running Windows 10 Pro (1809) on a MSI GE-70 2PE Laptop. I've installed / uninstalled and maintained all my software on the laptop very seamleassly. However one software that I recently...
  9. Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?

Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-skype-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/d4102660-a3db-4b04-ad47-e2beea96c748
  10. Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons

Grouping Pinned Taskbar Icons: Hello: When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I started playing around with the taskbar. I found a way to manually "group" the icons I had previously pinned. For example, I could group various Office ions. (E.g., Word; Excel). I recall also having a group for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant pin to taskbar windows 10

2. how to pin icons to the taskbar

3. pin word to taskbar windows 10

4. cant pin to taskbar,
  5. pin word to taskbar 365,
  6. pin powerpoint to taskbar,
  7. windows 10 cant pin app to taskbar,
  8. office PinIconsToTaskbar,
  9. pin office 365 to taskbar windows 10,
  10. can t pin to taskbar,
  11. pin outlook 365 to taskbar,