Windows 10: Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

Discus and support Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found a website that I wanted to pin to my start menu, but with this new update to Microsoft's Edge browser I can't seem to find that feature. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/astrodomekid, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

I found a website that I wanted to pin to my start menu, but with this new update to Microsoft's Edge browser I can't seem to find that feature. I did find the option to pin a page to the taskbar or even pin a tab within Edge itself, but I already have several webpages pinned to the start menu from before the update. How am I supposed to continue pinning websites to the start menu with this new update?

submitted by /u/astrodomekid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/astrodomekid, Jul 2, 2020

2. can't pin items to the Start Menu in Windows 10

Original title: Start Menu and Edge Errors.

I can't pin items to the Start Menu in Windows 10; earlier it was working fine.

Moreover, certain .exe files pinned to the start menu have disappeared and I am unable to move the pinned tiles around.

A webpage titled "tenminutestokill.com" opens up randomly on Edge. I have cleared .tmp files and searched for viruses using McAfee, however nothing happens.

Ambarish Sengupta, Aug 6, 2020
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?

See if these steps help. Some of these steps might require a good amount of time to complete - consider it maintenance downtime.

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

1. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge. - Similar Threads - Can't pin webpages

2. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  3. Can't pin documents to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin documents to start menu: I'm sorry if someone has asked this already. I can't find an answer easily.I am very frustrated at seeming to be unable to pin documents to the start menu or Quick Access like I could with Windows 10. I want to be able to get to my favourite documents within two clicks,...
  4. New Edge Start Menu Pinning

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Start Menu Pinning: There is no Pin to Start Menu" option when attempting to pin MS Edge web page to the start menu. The option ... after clicking three dots - top right was in the previous Edge version. Is there a different way now to pin a New Edge web page to the start menu?...
  5. Can't pin clock on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin clock on Start Menu: When I open the Alarm and Clock app, go to the Clock tab and select the time I want to pin to Start Menu it doesn't show up. If I select to pin it again, it will give me the option to unpin it from the Star Menu, even though it's not pinned. So basically the system it's...
  6. a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu

in Browsers and Email
    a webpage (in edge) prevents me from reaching menu: Sirs, I tried to type in rottentomatoes.com (a website of movie reviews) and must have mistyped something, because I got a web page warning me of an error, and then it greyed out all the browser, so I can't get at the menu to clear the cache and get rid of this obviously...
  7. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  8. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  9. Start menu and webpages are mostly black

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and webpages are mostly black: I just recently got a new hp laptop and have windows 10 installed onto a flash drive plugged into it due to a lack of hard drive space. For some reason every website i visit and all the menus through start are mostly black. [img] [img] 22624
  10. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...