Windows 10: Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

Discus and support Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have a five system peer to peer LAN in our office. All systems run current WIN10. I was using System1, and lost Internet. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lothar Krepke, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

Hello,

We have a five system peer to peer LAN in our office. All systems run current WIN10.

I was using System1, and lost Internet. I was able to ping, and browse, all other systems on the LAN, but when I tried to browse our router from System1, I could not. Next I tried to ping the router from System1, that that timed out with nearly every attempt. I got a reply rate from the router of perhaps 5%.

Then, I found that all other systems can browse the router, and also had Internet.

After about 30 minutes, Internet came back to System1, and I can now browse the router from System1.

So, said another way, System1 can't ping the router, but it can browse all of the LAN by going through the router.

All that I have described has happened before, on occasion, but I am baffled by it.

I would welcome any thoughts about what might cause such a situation, and with that, any ideas about how I might avoid this hassle in the future.

Sincere thanks,

Lothar

:)

Lothar Krepke, Jan 20, 2019
  2. abrogard Win User

How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router.

But the router doesn't list it.

And I can't ping it.

And it doesn't ping my machine at home

ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200

which is our lan subnet alright.

when he pings the router he gets 'request timed out' and then he gets three normal replies with TTL 45 or something.

I don't understand any of that. Can anyone explain what's happening to me? Is it normal? Has the school 'fixed ' his machine somehow?

abrogard, Jan 20, 2019
  3. abrogard Win User
    How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

don't quite understand what you're saying there but I'll post the output for you.
    you'll see he's got the same IP today as I told you he had yesterday : x.x.x.200
    and you'll see the gateway is my gateway: 192.168.0.1

and I'll post the output from that gateway, too, so's you can see what I'm talking about: x.x.x.200 is not listed there.

Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems? [​IMG]

Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems? [​IMG]

abrogard, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

One system on LAN disconnects...

Hello,

We have a small peer to peer LAN in our office, just 5 systems.

All seems to work well, but we have one system that "disconnects" from the LAN after about 24 hours.

We discover it when that system loses Internet, but when that happens, the "disconnected" system can see
    nothing on the LAN, and it cannot ping the router successfully.

We can fix the situation by rebooting the router, and also rebooting the problem system.

What might be causing this, and how can we correct it?

Sincere thanks,

Lothar

Lothar Krepke, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems?

1. Can't ping LAN Router - But can browse all LAN systems? - Similar Threads - Can't ping LAN

2. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  3. Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping a machine on a Windows home LAN: We have a new Windows 11 Home pc. We have a computer on the same subnet where we share files. Windows firewall has been turned off on both machines. The subnet is 192.168.1.x / 24. We can ping 192.168.1.110 from the two computers 192.1638.1.75 and 192.168.1.159 can both ping...
  4. New router, no LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New router, no LAN: I updated from DSL (modem/router) to cable (modem/router). Both of my computers had read/write access to my shared folders with the DSL service. When the cable modem/router was installed, both of my computers can access the internet. Both computers can see that the other...
  5. Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?

Lan cable is not recognized but directly at the router already?: The lan cable on my laptop is no longer recognized. But only in my room. If I connect it directly to the router via LAN it works smoothly. Operating system is Win 10. Router is a Fritzbox. Lan Kabel wird nicht erkannt aber direkt am Router schon?
  6. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET: Hello, We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble. But one system cannot connect to Internet. I have tried everything I can think of, and have had extended conversations with a pretty senior tech from our Provider (happens to be Comcast.) I...
  7. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  8. How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can A Notebook Be On The Lan But Not Seen By Router or Ping?: My son's school laptop works fine at home so it's on the lan alright, using the router. But the router doesn't list it. And I can't ping it. And it doesn't ping my machine at home ipconfig on his machine says 192.168.0.200 which is our lan subnet alright. when he...
  9. Can ping ipv6 but not ipv4 on LAN

Can ping ipv6 but not ipv4 on LAN: I just moved into my business partner's home office and I am trying to get Dev (computer #1, Win10 Pro) to see DbServer's (computer #2, also Win10 Pro) Postgres Database to no avail so far. He has a Comacast router which seems to be using using IPv6 primarily. When I go to...
  10. Connection Troubles with LAN Router

Connection Troubles with LAN Router: This maybe a longer experiment. There are only 11 channels, try them till you find the best.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant ping router