Windows 10: can't play a cd/dvd

Discus and support can't play a cd/dvd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WendySeidel, Jan 18, 2020.

1. can't play a cd/dvd

Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult.

:)

WendySeidel, Jan 18, 2020
  2. AnneRyan2 Win User

playing cd and dvd

I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10.

Any suggestions?

AnneRyan2, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Ji-M Win User
    CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

4. can't play a cd/dvd

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

can't play a cd/dvd

1. can't play a cd/dvd - Similar Threads - can't play dvd

2. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  3. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  4. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  6. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  7. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  8. CD / DVD not playing

CD / DVD not playing: Hi I am not able to play cds on my laptop, windows 10. I used to get a pop up as soon as I inserted the cd previously, but I don't get that anymore. Tried opening Drive E but it kept prompting me to insert a cd despite the cd being inserted anyway. Kindly assist asap....
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0