Windows 10: cant play a cd

Discus and support cant play a cd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Code says that media player cannot access media information for the cd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimFindlay1, Apr 24, 2020.

1. cant play a cd

Code says that media player cannot access media information for the cd

:)

JimFindlay1, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      cant play a cd 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, May 23, 2020
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 23, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

cant play a cd

Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Hello DominicGerald,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following queries:

1. Are you receiving any error code or error message when you attempt to play the music?
    2. Is your music CD being detected by the system and are you able to access it through the File Explorer (Windows + E key)?

In Windows Media Player, you can play audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs that contain music or video files (also known as media CDs). If you have a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Windows Media Player
    to play a DVD-Video disc. If your unable to play anything on WMP, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works:

Method 1: Update DVD/CD ROM driver from Device Manager.

Sometimes, the issue persists if the drivers aren’t updated. So, I would suggest you to update the DVD/Cd driver manually. To do that, you may refer the article on

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Once after updating the drivers, you may check if you are able to play songs. If not, you may try out the following method.

Method 2: Adjust Burn Settings.

As you say that it’s getting stuck while burning a CD, you might want to check with the burn speed. To do that,

• Open Windows Media Player from the Start menu.
    • Click on Organize and select
      Options
      from the list.
    • Select the Burn tab in the Options window and select the drop-down menu beside
      Burn speed and select Slow.
    • Click on Apply and OK
      to exit the settings screen.
    • Try burning a new CD and check if it plays.

Method 3: Download and install add-ons for Windows Media Player.

I would suggest you to get the add-ons for your player and check if you are able to play songs. To do the same, you may want to refer to an article on
    Downloads for Windows.

Kindly get back to us with the results. We will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 23, 2020
Thema:

cant play a cd

1. cant play a cd - Similar Threads - cant play

2. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...: i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11 ,alt enter, shift enter please take a look at my problem...
  3. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...: i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11 ,alt enter, shift enter please take a look at my problem...
  4. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

7. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

8. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. i play roblox on my pc and i cant go full screen i have tried every single thing like f11...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games

my pc, recently assembled, cant install directx which i need for playing some games: i tried with the independent directx installer as well as letting steam try and install it but both things have been unsuccesful,i have tried resseting the pc but it was to no avail, attached is the error message, any form of help would be appreciated.[01/17/24 17:28:04]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you tube how to play cd in my hp windows 10