Windows 10: Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just downloaded Wolfenstein 2 : The new Colossus through the Microsoft Store and whenever the game opens every keyboard input stops working in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cucamorais, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store

I just downloaded Wolfenstein 2 : The new Colossus through the Microsoft Store and whenever the game opens every keyboard input stops working in the game, some time later the game tells me to press the ENTER key to continue but it doesn't work, i even connected my Xbox controller in the middle of this screen and the "press enter" part changed to "press start button", but the game still doesn't get my inputs. I've tried it on a steam version and the game runs smoothly, i have no idea what would be causing it but it's definitely windows related. What can i do to fix this?
    Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store a37804e5-e586-46b7-af90-dc4162488e12?upload=true.png

:)

Cucamorais, Nov 17, 2019

2. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Nov 17, 2019
  3. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store

Using games from the microsoft store

Hi Lloyd,

Let's isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• What game are you referring to?
    • Have you tried playing other games and check if you'll encounter the same issue?
    • Are you accessing the web version or the downloaded digital version of the game?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    If you're playing the digital version, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help in resolving issues regarding games and applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Catherine Cus., Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store

1. Can't play a game i downloaded on the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't play game

2. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  3. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  4. Can't Login into platform to play downloaded/purchased games on Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login into platform to play downloaded/purchased games on Microsoft Store App: I have a question in regards to an error message, "We have encountered an error, please try again later." Everytime I login with my main email but it works with alternate emails. I've been trying to play Minecraft for Java Edition the past several months, and deleted the app...
  5. Can't play or install games in microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't play or install games in microsoft store.: Every time i try to install an game it shows me "try again later, something happened on our end", i tried to install games on xbox app but it doesn't work too.I tried this solutions which failed:- Reinstalling microsoft store.- Reseting microsoft store cache.- Restarting PCI...
  6. Can't download games from Microsoft Store.

Can't download games from Microsoft Store.: For the past 4 days I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 I brought a key for. It's valid as it was added to my account and avaliable downloads. The only problem is, it wont download. Sometimes with an error message 0x80080005, sometimes it just forever says 'starting...
  7. Can't download Games from Microsoft Store

Can't download Games from Microsoft Store: Title, I tried everything on the troubleshooting page and whatever I found on Google. microsoft is a piece of steaming ****, how the **** can you **** up something so trivial. **** useless trash...
  8. Microsoft Store-Can't download game

Microsoft Store-Can't download game: I can't download state of decay 2 I been trying 4h to download last 1gb of game and crashes starts to happend.When i click on install and select where to install it stuck.When i can download that 14gb of game i have 20 times problem with speed (my was so good) It goes to 150...
  9. Can't download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download game from Microsoft Store: Hey Community, I hope to find an answer to my problem here. This morning I bought the game "The Outer Worlds" for PC in the Microsoft Store. As I do have a very small SSD (C:Drive) (which was almost full at the time) I stopped the first attempt of the game to download...
  10. I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store

I can't play the games I have downloaded form the Microsoft Store: I just started a 14-day Game Pass free trial and have downloaded 3 games to my PC (Super Lucky's Tale, Snake Pass and Rush). They will all launch but no button presses register in the game so I can't get past the splash screen on any game. Nothing at all happens on Rush...