Windows 10: Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

Discus and support Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a windows 10 version from year 2017. Because whenever i update to the latest versions of 2019, any game i start up i get black screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nuQQiXi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. nuQQiXi Win User

Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

I am using a windows 10 version from year 2017. Because whenever i update to the latest versions of 2019, any game i start up i get black screen of death after 1-5 seconds and the whole computer is stuck with a black screen. There are no system erros, no dxdiag info or msinfo about the crash. I have to hard reset the computer to get it to run again. Let me remind that there are NO errors. The system full hangs up with a black screen.

Start game
    BSOD
    full system hang up

Hard reset

No errors in either msinfo or dxdiag.

How can i permantently disable windows update? Cause whenever it forces an update on me.. I have to reinstall the whole windows 10 system with a full harddrive format to be able to play games again..

Disabling windows update in services.msc is not enough. It gets automatically turned on again.

Is it possible to create a script that i can use on "startup" that disables windows update everytime i startup my computer?
    If so, how?

My system has
    8gb kingston ram
    samsung evo 960 256gb NVME ssd
    ryzen 1600 cpu
    Vega 56 gpu
    gigabyte ax370 gaming k3 motherboard
    1000watt corsair psu

All drivers are up to date.

:)

nuQQiXi, Aug 7, 2019
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) [​IMG]

iuppiter, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

1. Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  3. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  4. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  6. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  7. Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.: Hey when i updated my windows 1909quality update i started having black screen of death. I could use everything using task manager create new task. A important information is that it fixes after 10-40 minutes. So please help!! I missed a day's class trying to fix it. System...
  8. CRASHES TO BLACK SCREEN WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRASHES TO BLACK SCREEN WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME: Hi, I have an GT440 graphic card IK its outdated i have started playing games after 2-3 yr now and i am playing mostly old games like gta san Andreas, batman arkham city .I used to play these easily back then now when i start playing ,its runs good for 5mins after that...
  9. Black screen of death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death when playing games: Hello guys, When I play any game (World War Z, Rainbow Six Siege, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Far Cry 3), I got the black screen of death. I thought it was a cutscene, but my monitor says "NO SIGNAL". After that, I have to restart my computer with the power button. I am so...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello Folks, I built my own PC Desktop a few months ago. I used a webpage called Logical Increments to figure out what parts to use. This is what happens most often: After playing a game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY for about an hour or so the monitor goes blank. The...