Windows 10: Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

Discus and support Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a windows 10 version from year 2017. Because whenever i update to the latest versions of 2019, any game i start up i get black screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nuQQiXi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. nuQQiXi Win User

Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

I am using a windows 10 version from year 2017. Because whenever i update to the latest versions of 2019, any game i start up i get black screen of death after 1-5 seconds and the whole computer is stuck with a black screen. There are no system erros, no dxdiag info or msinfo about the crash. I have to hard reset the computer to get it to run again. Let me remind that there are NO errors. The system full hangs up with a black screen.

Start game
    BSOD
    full system hang up

Hard reset

No errors in either msinfo or dxdiag.

How can i permantently disable windows update? Cause whenever it forces an update on me.. I have to reinstall the whole windows 10 system with a full harddrive format to be able to play games again..

Disabling windows update in services.msc is not enough. It gets automatically turned on again.

Is it possible to create a script that i can use on "startup" that disables windows update everytime i startup my computer?
    If so, how?

My system has
    8gb kingston ram
    samsung evo 960 256gb NVME ssd
    ryzen 1600 cpu
    Vega 56 gpu
    gigabyte ax370 gaming k3 motherboard
    1000watt corsair psu

All drivers are up to date.

:)

nuQQiXi, Aug 7, 2019
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) [​IMG]

iuppiter, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH)

1. Cant play any games after windows 10 update. (BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH) - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. Blue Screen Of Death when playing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Of Death when playing game: Hello, I was playing a game (Heroes & Generals), and the game consistently crashes and shows a Blue Screen of Death (Kernel Security Check Failure). This is the only game that does this, and I have tried to troubleshoot it with no positive results. Please help. My computer...
  3. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen of death: I have a HP ENVY17 laptop. The last time I was using it, my Norton software window popped up and said it needed to restart the computer to complete an update. I clicked on "restart now". The computer shut down, but nothing happened after that. Now, all I get is a blank...
  4. Black Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Of Death: I see that the BSOD section is only for Blue Screen, but what about Black Screen which I now get every time after about an hour after Booting. What makes it more problematic is that the PC crashes and cannot be re-started until after an hour plus of none use, despite...
  5. Windows Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen of Death: I have to say, I have had nothing but trouble with Microsoft Windows 10. I have lost 3 Laptops due to the Windows 10 Updates. Three perfectly good laptops because of the updates. I just bought a BRAND NEW DELL DESKTOP, and I am scared to death to let it do any updates,...
  6. black screen of death

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen of death: over the last week i had to re-install windows 10 twice after getting the black screen of death. first time it happened i was watching videos on youtube and pressed the back button and all of sudden the screen goes black, i reboot and it wouldnt get past the circle of...
  7. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen of Death: Hi guys, hoping to get some help here. My laptop did an update about 2 weeks ago. My computer started running slow immediately afterwards and finally crashes. When I try to do 3 hard restarts it goes to repair mode and then the black screen of death for over 24 hours. I've...
  8. Black Screen Of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Of death: This may seem wierd but in my case it is urgent! Recently I was notified by Windows that I need to run a CheckDisk for C: drive. I dont knw y but this happened! Scanning and repairing C drive: 54% and got stuck there. So i did a force restart and this came "Preparing...
  9. Black screen in some games after playing 10 - 30 min.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen in some games after playing 10 - 30 min.: My pc .. dell 7567 i7 Graphx.. nvidia 1050ti 4gb Games like farcry primal,Mirror edge catalyst.. and don bradman cricet 2014.... got some issue. After playing them about 10 min to 30 min (it varies) in between the gaming.. screen turns black and freezes the game.....
  10. "Black" screen of Death

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Black" screen of Death: I think this qualifies for this BSOD section...please ignore if it doesn't. Everything is operating normally on my computer and I'll have an unpredictable black screen. No warning, just black. At that point, the power is still running the system drives, but nothing will...