Windows 10: Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user

Discus and support Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just got Battlefield 4 for my PC Windows 10, and when I went to launch it it simply didn't launch. Origin the launcher the game is on just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaftCraft33, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user

So I just got Battlefield 4 for my PC Windows 10, and when I went to launch it it simply didn't launch. Origin the launcher the game is on just minimizes like it's going to launch the game but then comes back like the game crashed or something. Lots of research and experimenting with different solutions later and I finally found one that worked. It said to create a new local user on your computer and launch the game from that user. Turns out it worked, but neither the person who cam up with the solution or the other person it helped knew why it worked, so now I'm just as confused.If there'

:)

DaftCraft33, Jun 11, 2021

2. Admin user account changed after streaming game in Xbox from different user account

Hi Eric,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know are you logged-in using Microsoft account?

Let’s try simple steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest to convert the current user account to the local user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Once you are done converting to local user account, convert your local user account to Microsoft account. Follow the above steps skip step 3 and click on
    Your email and accounts and click on Sign-in with a Microsoft account instead. Enter the
    password, click on Next and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into Microsoft account.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 11, 2021
  3. GPO local admin access for Domain user

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GPO that I created for certain domain user to get local admin access in their computer.

I have created new GPO in domain and do the setting as what I have learned.

They policy I enabled located at Computer Configuration but not User Configuration.

The question is :

If User A have local admin access logon on his PC, are User B or following user able to gain this local access right too when they logon into the same PC?

Regards,

Keith

Keith.Chan, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user

How to Change Microsoft user account to local user account

Hi Pchelpmenow,

At this situation, what I can suggest you is you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

• Log to the system using her user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user

1. Can't play certain game unless using Local User instead of Admin main user - Similar Threads - Can't play certain

2. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  3. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  4. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  6. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  7. Forgotten Local Admin User password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Local Admin User password: I am sole user on laptop, therefore Local Administrator. Help pages only refer to changing Local Account password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-local-admin-user-password/ca2b0ec2-00a2-4324-9084-dfada9d5347b
  8. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  9. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  10. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...