Windows 10: can't play dvd on windows 10

Discus and support can't play dvd on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can't play my dvd on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-dvd-on-windows-10/5b473c3a-041d-4fa8-a4dd-36dfcc21a5cb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barry Connor, Jun 11, 2019.

1. can't play dvd on windows 10

can't play my dvd on windows 10

:)

Barry Connor, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 11, 2019
  4. can't play dvd on windows 10

playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

can't play dvd on windows 10

1. can't play dvd on windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't play dvd

2. play dvd on windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play dvd on windows 10 laptop: how to play dvd on windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-dvd-on-windows-10-laptop/346e6693-f94e-404f-8dc7-b2d8f6cc29b1
  3. can't play a cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't play a cd/dvd: Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult....
  4. Can't play DVD's on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play DVD's on Windows Media Player: Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media Player? This seems like something I should be able to do! TEll me how! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-dvds-on-windows-media-player/ea449b05-98a3-461e-9ae8-06d05fabfa34
  5. playing old dvd on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing old dvd on windows 10: how do i play an old dvd on windows 10 without paying or downloading an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-old-dvd-on-windows-10/9e8f882c-6e5c-46ef-be9c-ee14f04a2c71
  6. DVD would not play Windows 10

DVD would not play Windows 10: Purchased a slightly used Dell Lap Top, DVD would not play. Brought it to shop for inspection, said XP was installed and not compatible with Windows 10. What does this mean? Thanks...
  7. DVD would not play Windows 10

DVD would not play Windows 10: Purchased a slightly used DellLap Top, DVD would not play. Brought it to shop for inspection, said it had XP installed and was not compatible with Windows 10. What does this mean? Also, does XP employ Windows 7 intended?...
  8. DVD does not play in windows 10

DVD does not play in windows 10: hi,guys DVD does not play in windows 10, how do i sort this out? thanks for your time guys, . 62344
  9. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767
  10. Can't play DVD's anymore suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't play DVD's anymore suggestions?: Hi guys can you please recommend an App that will play my DVD files especially the .VOB I have had a look at VLC and Media player in the apps store but I don't like either of them and they was so cluttered to use with both of them and did not play the DVD either TIA...