Windows 10: Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account?

Discus and support Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I would like help because I have bought a game on a personal account, and can't play that game because I bought it on the personal account, and I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by FinnRedding, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account?

Hi, I would like help because I have bought a game on a personal account, and can't play that game because I bought it on the personal account, and I can't login to a personal account on the microsoft store. Is there any way I can transfer the game to a work/school account or sign into the microsoft store just using the personal account?

:)

FinnRedding, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account?

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account?

1. Can't play game because I bought it on a personal account? - Similar Threads - Can't play game

2. Bought minecraft, but I can't play

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought minecraft, but I can't play: Hi,I bought minecraft in 2020 and I think I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft. But, I can't play. My launcher keeps saying I can only play the demo, while I bought the game for sure. I somehow can't connect the two together and I've looked everywhere....
  3. Bought Minecraft under my account, can't play full game on son's account

Bought Minecraft under my account, can't play full game on son's account: I purchased Minecraft through the Window's store so that my son can play on the computer. Since I don't want to store payment information on my kid's account I downloaded it using my Windows account. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal as this is his laptop so the program...
  4. Bought Minecraft under my account, can't play full game on son's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft under my account, can't play full game on son's account: I purchased Minecraft through the Window's store so that my son can play on the computer. Since I don't want to store payment information on my kid's account I downloaded it using my Windows account. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal as this is his laptop so the program...
  5. Bought Minecraft under my account, can't play full game on son's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't download a game I bought

I can't download a game I bought: I have recently purchased an app and it does show up in my order history yet when I go to download/install it, it tells me to buy it again. When I try to buy it again it won't let me because It says I already own it. I have talked with a rep earlier and they told me to do a...
  7. I bought the PC gamepass and I can't play mutiplayer games or mature games.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I bought the PC gamepass and I can't play mutiplayer games or mature games.: I bought the PC Xbox game pass recently and when I try to download any mature content it says that I am restricted from it. I was recently removed from the family thing but I still can't seem to change any of the settings to make so I can play certain games. When I try to...
  8. Can't Download Game I Bought

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download Game I Bought: Hey. My device is linked to my microsoft account (gaming laptop). I don't have an XBox, I just want to download The Outer Worlds so I can play it when it comes out. I bought the game- and everything went fine on the transaction end of things- but when I try to install it, it...
  9. Child account can't play game I purchased

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account can't play game I purchased: I am setting up a notebook for my daughter that is running Windows 10 home. I bought Minecraft, and then created a child account for my daughter. She can't see Minecraft when she logs in to the tablet. How can I set it up for her to play it? I didn't buy it for me to...
  10. you can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you can't play multiplayer games because of how your account is setup: I tried to play minecraft online, but i just can't . I have already tried to change my account online safety tab but when i go there it goes to a microsoft's help page saying what to say. I can't go to my online safety tab pls help...