Windows 10: Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Discus and support Can't play games after GPU Driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pedro_Lopess, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Hello,

I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away.

I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well.

Please help,

Pedro

:)

Pedro_Lopess, Aug 17, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't play games after GPU Driver update

1. Can't play games after GPU Driver update - Similar Threads - Can't play games

2. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  3. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  4. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD & OSOD while playing game after updating DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD & OSOD while playing game after updating DRIVERS: Hello MicrosoftPlease help me to solve my problem ...I have Windows 10 and I hade old drivers, but when I install the new drivers ... I get BSOD and orange screen of dead while playing game ... . How do I fix the problem ?Stop code received : Memory management Health of My...
  6. BSOD & OSOD while playing game after updating DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD & OSOD while playing game after updating DRIVERS: Hello MicrosoftPlease help me to solve my problem ...I have Windows 10 and I hade old drivers, but when I install the new drivers ... I get BSOD and orange screen of dead while playing game ... . How do I fix the problem ?Stop code received : Memory management Health of My...
  7. BSOD & OSOD while playing game after updating DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashing while playing games, reinstalled GPU drivers, no luck: Hello, community. I have played several different garmes and after about 15-25m the games will crash, along with the entire system. Before I reinstalled the AMD Radeon GPU drivers, the BSOD went so quickly I could not get a code, but now the BSOD is still and stuck at 0%....
  9. after updating having different GPU driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after updating having different GPU driver: I have hp 15-bs123ne which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site) after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software installed as well and it showed that i have radeon 520 as it should do (pic 1) [ATTACH] one time i checked the windows...
  10. Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get on my computer after trying to update GPU driver: Hey there, So just to start out I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers but I know enough to usually get by. I was going to play a game(Portal 2 if interested) and it says I needed to update my graphics drivers. So, I went to GeForce experience to...