Windows 10: Can't play games due to strange battery fail

Discus and support Can't play games due to strange battery fail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i recently had a problem with the battery of my laptop and it wouldn't charge. I could only use it if it was connected to a powersource, but now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Evan Konst, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Can't play games due to strange battery fail

Hi

i recently had a problem with the battery of my laptop and it wouldn't charge. I could only use it if it was connected to a powersource, but now i solved it.The only problem i still have is that some games that i played and after i closed them i unpluged the laptop without properly shuting down the computer, won't start. I have checked on the task manager and the only thing i see is a "windows problem reporting" task working for a couple of seconds. I have tried everything and i cant find a solution.

:)

Evan Konst, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Strange battery discharge

Hello:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your battery life questions. Playing games is simply an action that does require and use quit a bit of battery power. As you have mentioned that this behavior is consistent when you play these games, the only
    real suggestion would be to play the games with the phone connected to an external power source.

Outside of that you can surely contact Nokia to see if there are any suggestions from a hardware standpoint that may improve the battery life. If you have not experimented with playing the games at different times of day that may be worth checking out.

One last thing that I did not see mentioned was the battery saver feature. On the phone, go to settings > battery saver > make sure that both boxes are checked. Use your phone as usual and see if you notice any difference in the battery life.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 27, 2020
  3. Update of an app fails due to "licensing problems"

Hello El-Gunsito - everyone.

For the symptoms you are describing, I would suggest the following steps:

• Delete the app from the Phone by tapping and holding on the app and then tapping “delete”.
    • Go back to Marketplace and reinstall the app.
    If that doesn’t work:

• Turn off the phone, remove the battery for 30 - 60 seconds, replace the battery and restart the phone. Removing the battery may not be absolutely necessary but I don't want to tell you to try it later Can't play games due to strange battery fail :)
    • Repeat the first 2 steps above.
    Let us know if this works.

Best regards.

J Woods - MSFT, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Can't play games due to strange battery fail

Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't play games due to strange battery fail

1. Can't play games due to strange battery fail - Similar Threads - Can't play games

2. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  3. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  4. Laptop battery switching between plugged in and battery while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery switching between plugged in and battery while playing games.: My laptop has recently been acting up and started switching between plugged in and on battery when playing a heavy game like Roblox. This has been very irritating because the fps constantly decreases each time it stops charging. Even when the laptop sometimes manages to...
  5. Can't play a game on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  6. Can't play a game on windows

Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  7. I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right: Hi,I have been having an issue with my laptop for a couple days now. Like a true gamer, I prefer to have my controls as wasd. However I have noticed while playing games such as toontown and minecraft that when I hold down certain keys for certain periods of time the...
  8. I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right

I can't play games due to holding down keys not working right: Hi,I have been having an issue with my laptop for a couple days now. Like a true gamer, I prefer to have my controls as wasd. However I have noticed while playing games such as toontown and minecraft that when I hold down certain keys for certain periods of time the...
  9. can't play game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't play game: because of error error D3DCOMPILER_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll... anyone has a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-game/3a9f451a-831f-4083-b93f-8e8f3a2a9fc5
  10. Strange Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Battery Issue: I was using my new Pavilion x360 laptop last night for a few hours while plugged in. The battery was at 100%. This is a new laptop that had Windows 10 Home installed from a clean install. I shut the laptop off (completely off) around 11:00 PM. So today, I get home from work...