Windows 10: Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

Discus and support Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my friend and i recently updated our windows to the latest version .. we hooked up my router as usually and tried to play a Lan game but we couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SenzoMthethwa, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

So my friend and i recently updated our windows to the latest version .. we hooked up my router as usually and tried to play a Lan game but we couldn't find each other... so I figured we have to set up the homegroup thingy again . turns out theres no more homegroup .. okay fine so I went to the Microsoft page to see whats changed .. there a way they said we can file share again I just did that and we still cant find each other on it …...

Help Please . Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone :(

:)

SenzoMthethwa, Feb 6, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Feb 6, 2019
  3. ''GHOST'' homegroup removal from start up

Hi Russel,

Utilizing a HomeGroup makes things easier to share. Since you're not using the HomeGroup feature, we suggest that you disable it instead to have your Microsoft Account be the default sign-in on Startup. Follow the steps listed below to disable
    HomeGroup:

Step 1: Leave the HomeGroup. (This only applies if your PC is currently part of a HomeGroup. If your PC is not part of any group then proceed to Step 2.)

• Type HomeGroup in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Other homegroup actions click on the Leave the homegroup option.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking Leave the homegroup.
    • Click the Finish button when the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup.
    Step 2: Disable HomeGroup Services

You'll need to disable two HomeGroup services to disable the HomeGroup feature in Windows.

• Type Services in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Scroll down on the list and look for HomeGroup Listener and
      HomeGroup Provider
      services. Double-click the HomeGroup Listener service to open its properties window.
    • In the Properties window, select Disabled from the
      Startup type drop-down menu and then click OK.
    • Do the same procedure for the HomeGroup Provider services.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Feb 6, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

Recommended LAN games for Xmas

Stratego! *played it last night*

As for computer games, I don't think its a lan game but the Christmas special of Jazz JackRabbit was pretty sweet!

niko084, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

1. Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone - Similar Threads - Cant play lan

2. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  3. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  4. Wi-Fi Hotspot to play LAN games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Hotspot to play LAN games: Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the innate function of windows 10, Wi-Fi Hotspot that shows up in the notifications menu. Me and my friends have a place to play videogames via LAN but we have neither internet connection nor a wifi router, so I wanted to use this...
  5. I cant play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant play a game: MY buddy gave me a code for sea of theives. i downloaded it, installed it. i cant get it to run. it keeps saying this [Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001] im not sure how to fix this. some things i...
  6. homegroup is gone, what now ?

homegroup is gone, what now ?: 5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-is-gone-what-now/55eeca9a-dfb9-4b65-900a-d2927d96c803"
  7. Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.

Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.: Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer or computers for that matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/since-homegroup-is-gone-i-cant-find-my-network/eeb0b16f-4f26-472f-93aa-bf6308160664
  8. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...
  9. Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!

Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!: After the anniversary update my Homegroup sort of thinks it has gone. If I check the settings, it says ( on all my PC's ) that there is a homegroup to join but I am not currently in a Homegroup. But ... the Homegroup is actually still active. Files and so on are being shared....
  10. Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup

Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup: I cannot leave the homegroup. we had 2 computers in the network with windows 7 and windows 8.1. Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10. and the other one did a clean install of windows 8.1. Now i cannot leave the homegroup from windows 10 and the windows 8.1 has created a new...