Windows 10: Can't play minecraft on new computer

Discus and support Can't play minecraft on new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new windows 10 computer and have not been able to play minecraft on it. I have gotten my accounts migrated and all the recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RyanSager, Mar 22, 2020.

1. RyanSager Win User

Can't play minecraft on new computer

I recently bought a new windows 10 computer and have not been able to play minecraft on it. I have gotten my accounts migrated and all the recommended steps followed , but it tells me that I don't own the game. Is windows 10 version different than java? Do I have to buy the newer version?

:)

RyanSager, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Get BSOD When Playing Minecraft, Error:Thread stuck in disc driver

We just got a new computer that came with Windows 10. Its an Asus K31bf. Everytime my son plays Minecraft, I get a blue screen with an error msg thread_stuck_in_disc_driver and it tries to restart the computer. Sometimes it restarts no problem, other times it will freeze on the blue screen and I have to manually shut it off and restart. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

strokeschick, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Can't play minecraft on new computer

Minecraft

Hi Reinis,

There are several editions of Minecraft. Each edition works best on the platform it was intended to.
    Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Windows 10 editions were created for Windows 10 devices. There's a different version available for an Xbox One platform. To answer your question, since the version you have is for Windows 10,
    you'll need to purchase the game's Xbox One version. You may purchase Minecraft: Xbox One version on this

link

Our Xbox developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Xbox gaming experience. Recently, we've created the
    Xbox Play Anywhere feature. This allows Windows 10 games to be played on Xbox One and vice versa. Based on the list, Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game. You may refer to this
    link
    for additional details regarding the XPA games. Since Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game, we recommend submitting a post to the
    Xbox UserVoice
    page and request this game to be included as an Xbox Play Anywhere.

We hope we're able to answer your query.

If there's anything else you want to clarify, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't play minecraft on new computer

1. Can't play minecraft on new computer - Similar Threads - Can't play minecraft

2. Can't Play Minecraft Starter Pack Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Play Minecraft Starter Pack Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: So I've already owned minecraft windows 10 edition but for some reason I couldn't play online anymore and it always said I had to buy one of both packs. So I bought Minecraft Starter edition, it's showing up in my Microsoft Store Library but minecraft still tells me to buy...
  3. Can't play minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't play minecraft: I bought minecraft for windows ten edition bedrock not java a few months ago, but my laptop had some problems and I had to reset it. I redownloaded everything and signed in, it said that I own minecraft and let me play it but it was stuck on the demo version and wouldn't let...
  4. can't play on my desktop minecraft bedrock not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play on my desktop minecraft bedrock not loading: can't play on my desktop minecraft bedrock not loading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-on-my-desktop-minecraft-bedrock-not/d42501f0-a85e-486e-a2b8-4f962964c02e
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 not downloadable on new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 not downloadable on new computer: I have minecraft for windows 10 installed on one of my computers. I had redeemed a code for it, and got it for free. However, when i check my windows 10 library it is not there. I had even uninstalled and reinstalled the game through the windows store and it boots up on my...
  6. Trying to transfer windows 10 minecraft to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer windows 10 minecraft to a new computer: Hi there! A bit ago I switched to a new computer. Because of that, I still needed to download my windows 10 minecraft. Because I got the code from buying the Java version of minecraft, I can't get it again from it being a one time use code. I would of emailed mojang itself to...
  7. Can't Download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on new Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on new Computer: I recently got a new computer, and I am trying to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. But, I can't download it. It says I have to purchase it again. I redeemed it a long time ago when Mojang was giving out codes if you bought the Java edition. If I try to redeem my code...
  8. i can't play multiplayer in minecraft windows edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't play multiplayer in minecraft windows edition: im trying to connect to my friend or another servers, but its says i need wifi for that but i don't have wifi and friend not from my city....
  9. Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10: When I try to accept a new realm membership from a friend on Minecraft Windows 10, it says I "cannot play online multiplayer through xbox live because of how my account is set up." So I went online and changed my settings to allow me to play online, went back to minecraft,...
  10. BSOD when playing Minecraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing Minecraft: Hi. I got BSOD when I was playing Minecraft. Usually (when I was running Win 7) I only got BSOD when playing GTA V. I never found the problem, and when updating to Win 10, I hoped it disappeared. To se my systeminfo, please look here...