Windows 10: Cant play most games in fullscreen

Discus and support Cant play most games in fullscreen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It started when i bought GTA5 on steam and everything was good until a couple days into it. i would startup the game and it just froze. but if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NenaatHyper, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Cant play most games in fullscreen

It started when i bought GTA5 on steam and everything was good until a couple days into it. i would startup the game and it just froze. but if i pressed the windows key and got back into the game, it would unfreeze for a couple seconds and then freeze again. the game was in fullscreen mode and i decided that that was the reason so i put it into windowed mode and it fixed it. i like fullscreen mode for games though. also, this just started happening in CS:GO too. any way i can fix it?

submitted by /u/NenaatHyper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NenaatHyper, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Axymeus Win User
    Preventing resolution breaking when playing a game fullscreen

I am sorry if the title sounds misleading, I'm not entirely sure how to best word this. I have a 3840x2160p monitor. When I play demanding games I usually have to play at a lower resolution. However I also want to play fullscreen otherwise the game will be confined to a small window, but then it breaks the resolution of the desktop and of the second screen, moving all the open windows in odd places...

Is there a way to play fullscreen at lower resolution without impacting either the second monitor or other windows size and position? Failing that, maybe a way to play in borderless fullscreen at lower resolution?

Axymeus, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Cant play most games in fullscreen

Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center.

I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?

W.C. Blitzy, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Cant play most games in fullscreen

1. Cant play most games in fullscreen - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  4. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  6. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  7. Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen: Hello. So i have a problem with my windows currently,whenever i tried to play game on fullscreen mode. I tried many way to fix it but it just keep happening,any solution for this problem ? Please help. Im using windows 10...
  8. BSOD mostly on playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD mostly on playing video games: Hello, I have been struggling with BSOD since I changed my configuration and upgraded my CPU and motherboard. I took the new CPU and motherboard from a fully functionnal computer and installed them in a functionnal computer. I get the BSOD whenever I play video games, it...
  9. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...
  10. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...