Windows 10: Cant play MP4

Discus and support Cant play MP4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CTV footage from a garage has been recorded for me and loaded onto a USB. However I can seem to open the MP4, I understand it might be lack of codec,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Technicallychallanged_253, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Cant play MP4

CTV footage from a garage has been recorded for me and loaded onto a USB. However I can seem to open the MP4, I understand it might be lack of codec, but how do I know what one I will need and find a safe source to download it from.

Many thanks

:)

Technicallychallanged_253, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Joergi Win User

Play MP4 in Media PLayer

I am using mp4 files myself. Rather heavily. The files I have use the native h264 codecs for video and also something pretty standard for audio and they work. MP4 is a container format and I vaguely remember I once had a file, that did not play.

I am not a real expert here, but you can try this:

Download the static Windows version of ffmpeg and check your mp4 file with ffprobe.exe. It will output a bunch of information about that file, including the codecs used inside it. Knowing these codecs is a first step on the way to a solution.

Joergi, Sep 25, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows media player will not play mp4!

Who spends $5,000 on a computer to play .mp4s?

In any case, I have lots of .mp4s and they play well on Windows Media Player. If you've got an .mp4 that won't play, here are two suggestions:

1- download another copy of the file; and

2- ask the content provider for help.

BulldogXX, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Cant play MP4

Groove not playing/opening mp4 files

Hi Naomi,

To better assist you with your issue in Groove, we'd like to know if you were able to play mp4 files using the said player before.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    about troubleshooting Groove.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Cant play MP4

1. Cant play MP4 - Similar Threads - Cant play MP4

2. Play of MP4 attachments to emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Play of MP4 attachments to emails: I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem. I have a problem playing MP4 videos that have been sent as attachments to emails. This is a new (to me) problem and I cannot connect it to any changes or...
  3. Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files: Hello all. Windows Media Player, Version 12.0.17134.471, will not play .MP4 files. I receive the following message: "Can't play. This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt....
  4. Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e: Morning all This has been an intermittent issue on this installation. [img] It plays fine one minute but next time i'd get this. Also apps that need video or 3d display report that direct x is missing, whereas it wasn't at the beginning of the session. dxdiag reports no...
  5. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee
  6. 128mb memory stick wont play mp4

128mb memory stick wont play mp4: new 128mb memory stick, formatted (long version) NTFS which took 5 hours. I have 68mb of MP4 files. These 9 separate files play on my laptop, play on my 1TB memory external hard drive. I copy them to the formatted stick but only around 28mb worth play from these copies on the...
  7. Windows media player will not play mp4!

Windows media player will not play mp4!: Why is MS being such an ASS and not providing the codec to play the files. Just spent $5000 on a worthless computer because of you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-will-not-play-mp4/17c48516-49cb-4b46-9e4f-eb738c1da3b1
  8. Mp4 video unable to play

Mp4 video unable to play: Hi, everyone. I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player. I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same. [img] [img] [img] This video still have the file size, but it just...
  9. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

Play MP4 in Media PLayer: Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player. Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement". This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might...
  10. Unable to play MP4 file....?

Unable to play MP4 file....?: Hi For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not come across before. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not...