Windows 10: Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...

Discus and support Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows media player I see four copies of each song title. In the file folder, there is only one copy. I follow the steps to stop the service,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GordonLeonard, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...

In windows media player I see four copies of each song title. In the file folder, there is only one copy.

I follow the steps to stop the service, delete the database from the app data subfolder, restart the service, and then add in the folder location to Windows Media Player.

I have done this many times, and have also added uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Media Player into this right after deleting the database.

Initially, I see one copy of each song. The next day there are four copies. How do I stop this from happening over and over and over?

As for Groove, it just says it does not see any files, I have removed and added the music file location several times. I would like it if either of these players would work.

Thanks

:)

GordonLeonard, Apr 1, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

media player 'groove music'

Just a slight correction :
    Windows Media Player is listed in All apps > under alphabet W but not under Windows Accessories.

Can't play my music.  Window media player duplicates all tittles,   Groove can't find my... [​IMG]

davidhk, May 25, 2020
  3. PJLLB Win User
    media player 'groove music'

Not on my PC, which is a clean Windows 10 install. It is in the Windows Accessories folder as I indicated. Doing a search for "Windows Media Player" should also allow launching it.

PJLLB, May 25, 2020
  4. Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...

Convert Windows Media Play to Groove Music

Can I export Windows Media Player play lists to Groove Music. I don't want to have to reconstruct these. I have had them for years but since Windows Media Player is not really happy with Windows 10 can I switch to Grove Music and just copy and paste
    the play lists?

MaggiJunor, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my...

1. Can't play my music. Window media player duplicates all tittles, Groove can't find my... - Similar Threads - Can't play music

2. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  3. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Media Player not finding all music

Windows Media Player not finding all music: On my Windows 11 laptop, I have most recent update of Windows Media Player, Version 11.2212.32.0. I checked the settings which show it is looking in C:\Users\micha\Music and C:\Users\micha\OneDrive\Music for my music files. After clicking "refresh" when I noticed some missing...
  6. Windows Media Player not finding all music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player not finding all music: On my Windows 11 laptop, I have most recent update of Windows Media Player, Version 11.2212.32.0. I checked the settings which show it is looking in C:\Users\micha\Music and C:\Users\micha\OneDrive\Music for my music files. After clicking "refresh" when I noticed some missing...
  7. Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?: I have my music as OPUS files in several folders, organized by Alphabetical order. Some of the songs in there are M4A and AAC files. Now I know that these apps can play OPUS files; both have played them with no issues when I opened the track/file "manually" but the issue is...
  8. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music dont play audio: only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 12900