Windows 10: Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

Discus and support Can't play pc game I've been playing for years in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrokenAngel18, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10 update. I have had this problem since the middle of last year and have been trying on and off to get it to work. I have googled all the fixes and have tried all of them. I can't go back to older Windows as its been too long since it updated and I've tried installing the game with compatibility with Windows 8 as I don't have the dropdown option for Window 10 and it just wont work. I really don't know anything about laptops so there could be something I'm missing I just don't understand the terminology and don't want to mess things up more. Please if anyone knows what I need to do please help? I miss playing this game so much.

:)

BrokenAngel18, Jun 26, 2020

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

1. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years - Similar Threads - Can't play game

2. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  3. Can't play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play games: I just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I didn't loose any downloaded stuff because my storage is at the same but I can't find any of my games on windows 11. Where are they in file explorer and where should they be to run them?...
  4. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  5. Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...

Whenever I've been playing a game sometime after playing out of nowhere my whole laptop...: once I reset my pc once it was fine for a couple of months but that is not a permanent solution ofcourse. when I restart my laptop or shutdown and wait for like half an hour it's still really slow. the temperatures don't feel any worse then normal. I specs are: an i7-1165G7...
  6. Can't play a game on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  7. Can't play a game on windows

Can't play a game on windows: HiThis happened a couple of years when I was getting a game on my windows ten I realized soon that I would not be able to play it since it was for PC will I be able to play it or not. From, Santi P.s I have a Xbox...
  8. I cannot download/play a game I've purchased on a device that's been registered

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot download/play a game I've purchased on a device that's been registered: Hello, I've purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition through the Microsoft store, and cannot download or play the game. whenever I attempt to do so, I'm directed to the store to the game I've already purchased. When I attempt to install it, I am starting to get infuriated at this...
  9. can't play game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't play game: because of error error D3DCOMPILER_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll... anyone has a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-game/3a9f451a-831f-4083-b93f-8e8f3a2a9fc5
  10. Can not open game from store that I've played for years

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not open game from store that I've played for years: I've been playing Mega Poker Texas Holdem for years. Now I get a pink banner across the games page telling me I am in excess of devices(?) I only have this one device, nothing changed from yesterday when I was playing...…….What the Heck?...