Windows 10: Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

Discus and support Can't play pc game I've been playing for years in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrokenAngel18, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10 update. I have had this problem since the middle of last year and have been trying on and off to get it to work. I have googled all the fixes and have tried all of them. I can't go back to older Windows as its been too long since it updated and I've tried installing the game with compatibility with Windows 8 as I don't have the dropdown option for Window 10 and it just wont work. I really don't know anything about laptops so there could be something I'm missing I just don't understand the terminology and don't want to mess things up more. Please if anyone knows what I need to do please help? I miss playing this game so much.

:)

BrokenAngel18, Jun 26, 2020

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Issue when playing games

Hello,

This issue when you're playing games can be due to incompatible driver since it can be resolved by updating the display driver. However, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us the needed information below:

• Which device are you using in playing games?
    • Is this issue happening when you're playing online or offline games?
    • Is there a connected USB device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you try reinstalling the driver instead of updating it. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Looking forward to your response for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

1. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years - Similar Threads - Can't play game

2. can't play game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't play game: because of error error D3DCOMPILER_43.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll... anyone has a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-game/3a9f451a-831f-4083-b93f-8e8f3a2a9fc5
  3. First time in many years I've been this flumoxed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time in many years I've been this flumoxed: For the past month, I've been trying to make Nordlocker work. It's a new file encryption program, and although some users are reporting problems others seem to be able to use it well. That is, a user encrypts a folder of various files (MS Office and others). The user opens a...
  4. Can't play games HELPP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play games HELPP!!!!: so ever since like 2 days ago my pc just wont play games i first noticed when i opened dota 2 and every time i get into a game and the drafting starts my game just stops responding entirely and a message on the top left would pop up saying to the app is not responding and...
  5. Can't play many games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play many games: Hello Microsoft community, I have been facing a problem with many multiplayer games from Microsoft store. I can not play warrobots, metal force and many multiplayer games. Multiplayer works for some games such as asphalt 8 airborne and many other games out there in store....
  6. Can not open game from store that I've played for years

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not open game from store that I've played for years: I've been playing Mega Poker Texas Holdem for years. Now I get a pink banner across the games page telling me I am in excess of devices(?) I only have this one device, nothing changed from yesterday when I was playing...…….What the Heck?...
  7. Game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game play: I have just bought tomb raider on disc and it wont play on my new laptop. I have windows 10. Have I wasted my money or can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-play/3277ae26-6519-484e-a2ed-1e6e7f57e15b
  8. I can't play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play old games: Can somebody help i have windows 10 4 gb ram 3.1 ghz processor and 2 gb graphics card. Today i want to play game called x ray ball and it's released in 2004 but i can't play i just crash i have problems too in some old games from that year or another. Old games are so slow...
  9. can't play full screen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't play full screen games: when I open any game i see black borders at the sides. I have Intel HD graphics display adapter and NVIDIA graphics driver installed on my laptop (everything is up to data). I tried many solutions but there is no "scale full screen" option in Intel control panel with res...
  10. I've had my play

in Windows 10 Support
    I've had my play: So I've had Windows 10 on my main desktop for a couple of weeks now. I like what I've seen so far and feel Microsoft are going in the right direction. However because this isn't even a consumer preview yet and I can't use programs like Windows Media Center, I have decided...