Windows 10: Can't Play Purchased Movies

Discus and support Can't Play Purchased Movies in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason this morning I can't play any of my purchased movies on the Films & TV App (Windows 10). I get the message: CAN'T PLAY - Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BSG70, Dec 3, 2019.

1. BSG70 Win User

Can't Play Purchased Movies

For some reason this morning I can't play any of my purchased movies on the Films & TV App (Windows 10).

I get the message: CAN'T PLAY - Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password - 0x80190191.

I have logged in and out several times, restarted the computer, and reset the app and I still get the same message.

Any help appreciated.

:)

BSG70, Dec 3, 2019

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 3, 2019
  3. How to play a movie?

Hi,

To better isolate your concern, we would like to verify few things:

• Which Windows movie platform are you currently using?
    • Do you get any error message upon playing the movie?
    • Have you made any recent changes or update in your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Ktnich Win User

Unable to play movies on Movies Unlimited Pro app.

Original Title: Purchased App - Movies Unlimited Pro

Thought I would pay for the upgraded movie app - so paid and downloaded went to play the movies and it just comes up with a black screen, sound is there but no picture - you can even play the trailers okay but not the movies - just feeling slightly ripped
    off - can anyone suggest how I get the movies to show up or a refund?

Ktnich, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Play Purchased Movies - Similar Threads - Can't Play Purchased

2. I'd like to know why can't I play my purchased movies/shows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to know why can't I play my purchased movies/shows?: Error code: 0x000005b4 "Please try again..." Video won't play on X-box console or laptop. I've done all the feedback suggested in a similar thread and nothing. These sort of problems for purchased content is unacceptable!...
  3. I'd like to know why can't I play my purchased movies/shows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like to know why can't I play my purchased movies/shows?: Error code: 0x000005b4 "Please try again..." Video won't play on X-box console or laptop. I've done all the feedback suggested in a similar thread and nothing. These sort of problems for purchased content is unacceptable!...
  4. a purchased movie from ms store will not play in vlc or vlc streamer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    a purchased movie from ms store will not play in vlc or vlc streamer: A purchased movie from Microsoft Store will not play in vlc Player or vlc streamer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-purchased-movie-from-ms-store-will-not-play-in/72a7d653-5273-45c4-8f39-82b02ef7fc38
  5. a purchased movie from ms store will not play in vlc or vlc streamer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a purchased movie from ms store will not play in vlc or vlc streamer: A purchased movie from Microsoft Store will not play in vlc Player or vlc streamer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-purchased-movie-from-ms-store-will-not-play-in/72a7d653-5273-45c4-8f39-82b02ef7fc38
  6. a purchased movie from ms store will not play in vlc or vlc streamer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. movies will not play

in Windows 10 Customization
    movies will not play: i just turn off fast start up and my movies running ok.go in to power op. and turn off fasted startup.and turn off pc. turn on pc try running a movie. good luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-will-not-play/626eacbe-12be-4885-8c85-f7c360b63ca8
  8. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.: I rented a movie from the microsoft store and I can't seem to download it to watch it offline. Only works when there is internet connection. Are movies rented for streaming only? There is no subtitles in the movie as well....
  9. Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free

in Windows 10 News
    Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free: Movie nights just got better! Now you can enjoy your favorite movies in the highest quality possible on Google Play Movies & TV—without ever leaving your couch. Check out the full scoop on what’s new in the U.S. and Canada: Movies you own will automatically be upgraded to...
  10. netflix will not play movie

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netflix will not play movie: hi my netflix is saying i am using an unblocker or proxy..... what does this mean and how do i fix it, thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/netflix-will-not-play-movie/17ec7206-2f3c-4827-9bcf-43d00d19629a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft rental download not working

2. Cant perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password. play movie

3. 0x80190191 cant play movies

4. cant play the requested action because access requires a user name and password,
  5. Cant perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password. 0x80190191