Windows 10: can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa

Discus and support can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having troubl playing my videos on my laptop.it wont let me play any of them. it comes up with an error saying - Please try again. If the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by issylloyd, Jul 3, 2019.

1. issylloyd Win User

can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa

I'm having troubl playing my videos on my laptop.it wont let me play any of them. it comes up with an error saying -

Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.

0x800705aa

what should I do? I have an asus transformer if this means anything. although I have never had any issues before. my videos are from a gopro camera

:)

issylloyd, Jul 3, 2019

2. No videos are playing on Windows 10

YouTube videos refresh three times, and then give up.

Videos on the facebook app don't play.

Attempts to play video on Movies & TV app return the error "0x800705aa".

BerenDavidson, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 3, 2019
  4. can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa

Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa

1. can't play videos on my laptopn- 0x800705aa - Similar Threads - can't play videos

2. Can't play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...
  3. My videos are not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My videos are not playing: [ATTACH] this keeps popping up even after i reset the app. please may i get help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-videos-are-not-playing/954fa3dd-4476-42b0-86bc-3e48f0598597
  4. Error code 0x800705AA

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x800705AA: If anyone has any idea how can i solve this error while doing the Update. I also cannot open my Windows Start menu and cant update my drivers also. submitted by /u/Brunoou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jltcty/error_code_0x800705aa/
  5. My videos will not play.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My videos will not play.: I am unable play my videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-videos-will-not-play/648eb675-b780-4fbd-acec-fe8d2a809774
  6. Error code 0x800705aa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error code 0x800705aa: Whenever I record a video with OBS studio as an mp4 file and export it to my computer, whenever I try to play the video it says it can't play, giving me the error code 0x800705aa. I've tried every single format you can make the video, but nothing has worked. Each time I try...
  7. Error 0x800705aa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800705aa: Hi all, When trying to update windows I get the Error 0x800705aa. It also happens when I try to install Office. From searching I understood that this relates to windows resources but I don't see how to overcome this. My RAM and CPU are not overloaded Tried all the...
  8. System Restore error 0x800705aa

System Restore error 0x800705aa: Every time I attempt to run 'System Restore' from a valid(?) system restore point I get this message - [ATTACH] Is there any way I can correct this? I'm currently running Windows 10 v1809 (Build 17763.379) x64....
  9. 0x800705aa

0x800705aa: Sysinternals Software License Terms These license terms are an agreement between Sysinternals (a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software you are downloading from technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals, which includes...
  10. can't play videos

in Windows 10 Support
    can't play videos: when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video 15903
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800705aa cant play

2. cant play Please try again. If the problem continues visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.

3. 0x800705aa windows 10

4. 0x800705aa playing video