Windows 10: Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

Discus and support Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wwsras, May 3, 2021.

1. wwsras Win User

Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean installed the NVDIA 9400GT video driver but am having the same issue.I'm updating my issue because I also find playing mp3 music files results in sound stopping every 30 seconds before restarting, so the overall issue may be sound vs. video or a combination of both.I uninstalled the sound driver and restarted my PC but the i

:)

wwsras, May 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Source: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs are Headed to the Store for Windows Insiders

Brink, May 3, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs Headed to Store for Windows 10

Source: Music and Video Preview Apps for PCs are Headed to the Store for Windows Insiders

Brink, May 3, 2021
  4. Rocky Win User

sometimes music files and videos will not play

So this is good right? This post indicates that you CAN play videos and music at the beginning of the post but towards the end it states that you can not play videos using a web browser. So download the videos first and then view them.

Rocky, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps - Similar Threads - Can't play videos

2. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  3. Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and videos are Playing/Pausing Constantly: On Youtube, spotify or even a video on my own computer. It constanty pause and play repetitively. I already tried to restart, update drivers, run troubleshoot, use de cmd and nothing seems to work.I have a Asus Tuf Dash F15 with windows 11 updated....
  4. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  5. Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC

Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  6. Music and Video issues

Music and Video issues: Recently whenever I stared up my laptop I kept getting the message "some of the components are missing from Dolby Audio" I followed the instructions to resolve this but ever since I did this I can't play or listen to music or videos. The songs and videos play but there's no...
  7. MUSIC VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    MUSIC VIDEOS: **OK; Now with this LATEST MS UPDATE, which just about kept my computer for more than 1 day, (download, install, over and over), now when I try to go on to ANY music videos, the color is DISTORTED. I looked at some music videos about 1 wk ago, and was fine; now, the latest...
  8. No Video in YouTube Music Videos.

in Browsers and Email
    No Video in YouTube Music Videos.: Hi folks, Just like the title said, my problem is that I'm not getting any video when I try to watch a music video on YouTube. In the past all I've had to do was reload the page and then it would work, but after smashing F5 hundreds of times I've come to the conclusion...
  9. Music and Video Preview apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and Video Preview apps: The links on MS pages don't seem to take you to the correct place. You get what looks like a good link, but pressing the [install] button just starts spinning the wait icon. I had to go to the Store (beta) and search for Preview, then press view all > in the apps list...
  10. sometimes music files and videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    sometimes music files and videos will not play: This happens all too frequently lately, mp3s will not play and videos will play in slow motion or not at all. Haven't found a solution to this annoying problem yet. 56985