Windows 10: Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC

Discus and support Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wwsras, May 3, 2021.

1. wwsras Win User

Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC

I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean installed the NVDIA 9400GT video driver but am having the same issue.Any suggestions are appreciated. Thx.Walt

:)

wwsras, May 3, 2021

2. how to rotate a video in VLC

thank you for the step by step instruction; the process looks very easy enough but the trouble is I am not finding a VLC Media Player Menu at all. When I right click on the video go down to Open With then select the option VLC, it gives me a quick flash
    of the VLC "cone" against a black screen - no tabs- and straightway plays the video.

bluestar4130, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 do not play audio in "Videos and tv" or VLC

I installed W10 in my laptop and when I tried to play some music, but neither vlc, videos and tv, music, or windows media player appear on the sound mixer, as if the app did not started.

Speakers are working, because if I put a youtube video, it plays correctly the music

Is having anyone the same problem?

thank you

FernandoFerrando Terrádez, May 3, 2021
  4. #manas# Win User

video file not playing in windows media player (windows10)

while playing video file in windows media player , black page appearing with only audio . while same file is playing nicely in VLC media . any suggestion to rectify the problem.

#manas#, May 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC - Similar Threads - Can't play videos

2. Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does: Hi, yesterday my Movies & TV app and Media Player app won't play videos that had previously worked ok. Curiously my non-Microsoft app, VLC media player, works fine.In case these would be relevant info, I had just uninstalled AVC Labs's video enhancing AI, a very demanding app...
  3. Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV & Media Player won't play videos now but VLC player does: Hi, yesterday my Movies & TV app and Media Player app won't play videos that had previously worked ok. Curiously my non-Microsoft app, VLC media player, works fine.In case these would be relevant info, I had just uninstalled AVC Labs's video enhancing AI, a very demanding app...
  4. Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos or music with W10 Media or music or video apps: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  5. Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video is Frequently stopping and playing in vlc and youtube: I have tried to reset the laptop but the problem is still there laptop Model :-Hp pavillion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-frequently-stopping-and-playing-in-vlc/695544e2-0f46-4fcf-a0e4-e3a0312bb321
  6. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  7. Can't play any media after skipping a video.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play any media after skipping a video.: Sometimes if I skip part of a video on YouTube all my media will stop working. I'll try to skip a couple of seconds of a video and the loading icon will appear, and the video will never start again. If I reload the video or switch browsers the same thing will happen. Not only...
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  9. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos: After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains....
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...