Windows 10: can't play videos

Discus and support can't play videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video 15903 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rupert, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Rupert Win User

can't play videos

when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video

:)

Rupert, Aug 12, 2015
  2. dankwaifu Win User

I can't play audio and some videos

So I can't play audio on my laptop speakers at all and on some programs I can't play video or audio. I can't play youtube videos on the first attempt to play them: usually they end up playing the video + audio if I hit reload a few times. I found a solution
    to this problem when it came to playing some video game but that was months ago and I completely forgot what I did to solve it. I thought that the problem was pretty much fixed since I could play everything with headphones but unfortunately now that I've started
    to use these two video editing programs blah none of the media I import will play :/ also if I download videos I can't play them from my desktop with audio. Just a lot of issues with audio and such.

dankwaifu, Aug 12, 2015
  3. unable to play videos after Windows 10 upgrade

I'm unable to play any videos. AVI's MP4, MOVs. I can play internet videos but no videos saved on pc. I get the message:

Can't Play

Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we dont' support

0xc00d36b4.

I've tried playing multiple videos. I've updated the driver. ran the troubleshooter and nothing has worked. they worked before i did the update.

just checked can't play any songs fro Groove music either.

divekathster, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

can't play videos

1. can't play videos - Similar Threads - can't play videos

2. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  3. Can't play some .MOV videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't play some .MOV videos: I’ve been playing .MOV videos on Windows for about 20 years with whatever default program was provided. Now Windows 10 won’t play .MOV files taken before Sept 2010. But it plays .MOV files taken after Sept 2010. The default app is Movies & TV, which displays a “Can’t play:...
  4. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  5. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  6. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The second extended monitor can't play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second extended monitor can't play videos: The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried...
  8. Can't open jpegs or play videos

Can't open jpegs or play videos: Help Please!! After the most recent Windows 10 update - I can't open any jpeg files or play any video files on my computer. Have tried various online solutions - none have worked so far.Any suggestions/help appreciated.Thanks in advance!...
  9. Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play videos with W10 Media or VLC: I'm looking for suggestions how to troubleshoot a video problem in W10. When I try to play mp3/4 videos with either W10 Media Player or the VLC app, videos are either choppy and stop after a few seconds, or in the case with VLC, the app just flashes. I've uninstalled/clean...
  10. Can't play videos

Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...